The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

Watched tonight's game live. Goldobin was electric, looked like a threat to make something happen everything he was on the ice. He's playing with a ton of confidence right now and looks determined to create a scoring chance whenever he has the puck... also liked his hustle getting back to his own zone during the 3 on 3 OT. Feeling optimistic about his chances next year after this latest run of play.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

These numbers are sorta inflated, coming right after a two-goal game, but if Goldobin had a full 82 games at his current rate, he'd score 18 goals.

Playing with the right players I think Goldy can easily do that. He has all the talent. He just needs to bring it consistently. Goldy-Horvat-Boeser 

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Boeser is on the move now too as he was playing well before he got hurt.   Better move Stetch too as he is looking better now.   Virtanen strong - let's make sure he gets moved too.

giphy.gif

OMG you're so smart! You get the idea! And dude! Petterson killing SHL. Trade him for a 2nd round pick or a reclamation project!!! 

Goldobin has really proven he can be a game changing player.

He has always had the God-given talent to steal the show, but it was his work ethic that lagged behind.

The past few weeks, we have really seen a rejuvenation in Goldobin's game, as he is hard on the forecheck, winning battles on the boards, even when he makes a mistake (tonight especially) he goes out and pursues the puck relentlessly.  He is getting himself and his stick in the right places defensively, and he controls the play effortlessly.  He slows the tempo down enough to allow Bo or Virtanen to pick up speed in the neutral zone and gets them the puck without any troubles.

Keep this up, and Bo and Brock might have just found their new linemate for years to come.  

Also something small I have seen in the past 3 games I have attended, where he has scored in them, he is excited to score, and his first few steps in his stride show much more purpose to get somewhere.

• Upvote 2

He's looking good, very explosive in the offensive zone.  He is one of the better playmakers too, I really hope he and Boeser get some time next year and I can also see the Goblin getting some PP1 time.  Let's hope Igor Marijuanov Larionov is right and Goldobin pots 30 next year.

Consistency as well as learning how to have a better rounded game. A player can't find good success in today's NHL by being one dimensional. It worked back in the day, but more is expected of players now. Now you need to bring multiple facets to your game, and many of those facets are driven by high effort. It looks to me like Goldobin finally realized that his career was going in the wrong direction and that it might be now or never.

Well all knew about his talent when he came here, and I'm still not convinced after a few good games that he will maintain his effort but it's a good start. He DOES have the potential to be a top six player in this league, and it would be a shame for both our team and him personally if he squandered the opportunity.

4 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Consistency as well as learning how to have a better rounded game. A player can't find good success in today's NHL by being one dimensional. It worked back in the day, but more is expected of players now. Now you need to bring multiple facets to your game, and many of those facets are driven by high effort. It looks to me like Goldobin finally realized that his career was going in the wrong direction and that it might be now or never.

Well all knew about his talent when he came here, and I'm still not convinced after a few good games that he will maintain his effort but it's a good start. He DOES have the potential to be a top six player in this league, and it would be a shame for both our team and him personally if he squandered the opportunity.

I agree that you need to be defensively responsible but it's a bit of a double standard if you ask me. There is often a home for a defensively responsible player who provides little to no offensive output or creativity because they are the safe option. Yet if you are more offensively gifted but not that great on D, you get treated like dog crap. It screams of coaches trying to keep their jobs rather than providing exciting offensive-based style of play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

I agree that you need to be defensively responsible but it's a bit of a double standard if you ask me. There is often a home for a defensively responsible player who provides little to no offensive output or creativity because they are the safe option. Yet if you are more offensively gifted but not that great on D, you get treated like dog crap. It screams of coaches trying to keep their jobs rather than providing exciting offensive-based style of play.

All players, for a team to be successful (look at McDavid, Tavares, and Barzel for examples) need to play both ends of the ice. These three guys put up BIG points, but offer up little to no defensive, so their teams are losers.  

7 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

OMG you're so smart! You get the idea! And dude! Petterson killing SHL. Trade him for a 2nd round pick or a reclamation project!!! 

Nah, 4th rounder as he has no NHL experience yet.

Am I getting it?

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes, but he needs to clear waivers to be sent down.  

My understanding was that these players can still be sent down to Utica after the Canucks' season ends:

Sautner, Boucher, Goldobin, Motte 

Admittedly, I stand to be corrected if the information isn't correct. 

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

My understanding was that these players can still be sent down to Utica after the Canucks' season ends:

Sautner, Boucher, Goldobin, Motte 

Admittedly, I stand to be corrected if the information isn't correct. 

You're bang on, they were all papered down at the deadline and were recalled. 

Edit: To add, Motte needs to sit once more to be eligible for this

Edited by Guile

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

All players, for a team to be successful (look at McDavid, Tavares, and Barzel for examples) need to play both ends of the ice. These three guys put up BIG points, but offer up little to no defensive, so their teams are losers.  

So your team is a loser if 1 or 2 players aren't good defensively? Way to look at it in a vacuum.