The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen Appreciation/Memories Thread

AlwaysACanuckFan

6 minutes ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

that pass

Torres-Malholtra-Hansen. Man that was a great third line (although Malholtra got injured later on).

Had we won the cup in 2011, I think we were poised for probably one maybe two more cup runs.

Makes me depressed thinking about what could've been.

Gonna miss Jannik Hansen (Honey Badger). As Alain Vigneault once said after Hansen stood up for a team mate and broke his hand in a fight: "He's the toughest Danish player he's ever seen". Grit, heart and fast - Good luck Jannik. All the best in San Jose. You will forever be a Canuck. From the trade perspective - it appears that Jim pulled off a good trade

In terms of actual on-ice Hansen moments, this is the one that I always come back to. I vividly remember having a final exam that day and finishing as quickly as I could to watch the end of the third on my laptop in the hallway outside. When I saw the replay later on Youtube I got chills from the energy in the building... such a great goal.

And, he tells it like it is:

35 minutes ago, khay said:

Torres-Malholtra-Hansen. Man that was a great third line (although Malholtra got injured later on).

Had we won the cup in 2011, I think we were poised for probably one maybe two more cup runs.

Makes me depressed thinking about what could've been.

Something else that's impressive about that sequence is that nowadays a coach would challenge that onside call, but Kelser did the perfect toe drag and it would have stood. 

Damn, we lost some big 2011 pieces the last few days. 

Just wanted to chip in my two cents...

The Honey Badger was another version of Burrows... and another reason that 2011 team was so good.

Incredible speed and acceleration, great intensity, great grit and totally unselfish.

I'm gonna miss him too... I almost think they should have re-signed him for another two years... but maybe he's already done his job and showed the kids how to play.

One of my favourite players of all time, and one of the most underrated players in the league. I remember getting my first numbered jersey a few years ago and picking Hansen over stars like the Sedins, Kesler, and Luongo. Monstrous player that we're gonna miss.

Pretty good for the 287th overall pick I'd say.

Hansen. You've finally got the respect you've deserved. You've come a long way. You're an awesome role model for people in general. Loved you since the start. Your work ethic and dedication, unselfishness, jokes, but most of all being a tremendous professional and mature attitude towards Tortorella by scoring a hat trick as payback. Karma. For anyone to yell at Hansen like that I have the least respect. Jannik, you you're badgering the honey outta my eyes. :'( Please come back to play for us again. You too truly gave your heart for our team. You really cared. Wish you and your family the best. 

Boy am I gonna miss seeing Hansen flying down the wing...

Can't believe how sad I feel about seeing him and Burrows leave. 

Total professionals, that turned up every single game, and got absolutely maximum out of their talents through total dedication and work ethics...

Its been on the cards the last year, but so glad we had them this extra season, to show the younger members of this team, what can be achieved, if they put their heart and mind to it....

And hopefully, some of the fans here will also remember, and thus give the youngsters a chance, instead of throwing them on to the bon-fire, just a few years after they started their carriers... 

Enjoy the rest of you journey Jannik, a true warrior :(

His voice in interviews always made me smile. 

A solid player that filled many rolls and played with heart and soul. Not to mention one of the only Canucks in the past three seasons to actually forecheck.

i will be cheering for a sjs ott SCF

Archived