The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen Appreciation/Memories Thread

AlwaysACanuckFan

Hansen was/will always be a Canuck. Comes out of junior and spends the better part of 3 years with the Moose. Classic NHL training. I realize that dealing him was almost a necessity but have always thought he was an ideal transition player for the young players to model from. Losing both Hansen and Burrows will take a lot of character from the roster.  

You know, I never knew there was a daily cap on POSITIVE reputation that you could give out. I have never hit it before, but hit it today. 

Shows how good a mood I have been in. Going around liking everyone's posts and waxing nostalgic on goodbye threads. 

Sort of feels like the old team is being gutted and I guess we all knew it had to happen. 

Good luck with the Sharks  Honey Badger - win a cup and bring us a good pick in the process

Bon Voyage

11 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

In terms of actual on-ice Hansen moments, this is the one that I always come back to. I vividly remember having a final exam that day and finishing as quickly as I could to watch the end of the third on my laptop in the hallway outside. When I saw the replay later on Youtube I got chills from the energy in the building... such a great goal.

Man did we ever come out HARD in that game

Tough to see another long term, fan favourite Canuck get traded last night. I was so hyped to see a Hansen trade get done and was extremely happy with Nikolay Goldobin coming back our way. However, a huge part of me was sad as well.

Hansen was a huge fan favourite and warrior for the Canucks. He was funny during interviews, a versatile player who could play anywhere on the line up, speedy Gonzalez, a relentless forechecker, penalty killer, and someone who stood up for teammates. Things I will remember about Hansen:

1. Took a late hate by Morgan Riley, which resulted in fractured ribs, got up right after with no hesitation and chased down Nazem Kadri to stick up for Daniel Sedin who took a high and dangerous hit from Kadri. What a team player.
  2. Hansen probably having the most breakaway attempts ever and probably missing on 99% of them LOL
  3. His pass to Raffi Torres in Game of the SCF, which resulted in the 1-0 game winning goal with 18ish seconds left
  4. The line of Torres-Malhotra-Hansen during the 2011 NHL season – the best third line I’ve seen on the Canucks in my time
  5. Hansen mocking Phaneuf and making a turtling motion
  6. Cory Schneider impersonating Hansen on After Hours on CBC

Last night, Hansen said that his favourite Canucks memory was the following:

"Our run in '11 is my #Canucks highlight. It's the most fun I've ever had playing hockey. It was a tremendous year."

Pretty bittersweet to see that the Canuck core that I loved cheering for being shipped off one by one – but I think it’s time to turn the page on the 2011 core and focus on rebuilding. Will always cherish those 2011 Cup Run memories and the memories that that core brought. Here’s to Horvat and the rest of the young prospects being successful – time for new Canuck heroes and memories to be made.

• 3 weeks later...

oh Jannik, as much as Burrows brought to the team and will love and respect him forever. he brought me my 20 happiest seconds of my life with the Chicago OT series winner. Hansen was always my favorite along with kesler before our messy split. Besides his suspect hands which could be very frusterating.. the man brought everything to the table.. speed, tenacity, heart, defence, grit. One of the most underrated players in the league for the past half decade.. will be greatly missed and as much as it pains me to say it. as san jose is my most hated team. i hopethey win the cup this year.. not only to get a first rounder, but so our boy hansen can hoist a cup! MISS YA HANSEN!!!

Hansen had an incredible goal against the Coyotes a couple of years ago where I think he stripped two Coyotes players of the puck in the offensive zone and single-handedly caused a turnover and scored. He's one of the best forecheckers I've ever seen. I tried to find the video, but it seems to be hard to find.

Archived