The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Who's next?

missioncanucksfan

This should be a topic of which discusses which player is next to be traded today

Jim had stated AFTER the Hansen trade that he was still taking calls and working the phones which makes for curious speculation.

He had stated that he told Sedins he is "tearing it down"

Miller

Edler

Tanev

Sbisa

Subban

Will Jim ask Edler to waive?

Will he move Tanev? Surely we know there is a market but will he pull the trigger?

Let's keep this in here for the day 

Thanks

There will be no more trades.  

Next Canuck to go will be Willie, at end of season.

Not that I agree or disagree.  I have a feeling we might see Crawford here to to lead the new era.

Just a gut feeling!

Just now, Darius71 said:

There will be no more trades.  

Next Canuck to go will be Willie, at end of season.

Not that I agree or disagree.  I have a feeling we might see Crawford here to to lead the new era.

Just a gut feeling!

Would love this to happen. Always was a Crow fan!

Nothing more of significance will happen today. Since Marky is injured, Miller won't be going anywhere and Edler won't waive.

At very most I could see us moving Sbisa for a pick, but I highly doubt anything else will happen.

Benning's already made his moves. We're done.

During the post Hansen trade interview, Banning didn't seem to be a guy who knew he had more moves coming... so I don't expect anything was really brewing.

Obviously we have now put ourselves in a situation where we will lose either Sbisa or Gudbranson (if we can't come to a reasonable contract extension with him).

Moving Tanev makes the most sense, since prices are inflated and teams chasing the Cup.

On the minor side, we really need to move Skille and Megna so that the kids get the premium minutes. Yo just know WD is going to play them instead of the call ups.

Today, I think minor moves, and balancing our prospect pool a little.

Won't be at all surprised though, to see Benning move a D like Sbisa or someone else that he can't protect in the expansion draft.

Time will tell, but really happy with what he has done so far.

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

Question 1: What does our expansion draft exposure plan look like after the Hansen and Burrows trade?

Question 2: Is there any GM's out there in expansion draft trouble? And do we have room to fleece them?

Sbisa or cheese will be the most likely lost to expansion. 

Playoff teams have the most to lose with expansion 

Archived