The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Joseph Cramarossa off waivers

1 minute ago, combover said:

Lol...

i combed to the right today. 

I like what jims been doing in the last few days it's steps in the right direction.

no picks or prospects leaving just coming in for players that might be lost for nothing going out.

What's not to like.

Same. I had a feeling once the season nosedived, that Benning would address it accordingly. I hear he stated to The Sedins and Edler, that he was tearing it down.

Sounds like the guy has a high compete level and is an ideal fourth liner who brings speed and tenacity to wear down opponents.  Not a saviour by any means, but sounds like a true fourth liner to compliment the more "skilled" guys in the bottom 6 right now (e.g. Megna, Chaput, Skille - no pun intended).

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Nice pickup. A tough scrappy fourth liner. Good job, Benning.

Anaheim fans are not happy about this one.....

Montgomery-Burns-excellent.gif

Like when we lost Corrado unhappy or more like when we lost Volpatti unhappy ?  :unsure:

Feels good to be on the other side of these things for a change.  Great week so far JB !

13 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Nice add. We'll need a few of these guys around with a younger, smaller lineup. Makes a young lineup play bigger.

It's one of the smarter things Chiarelli has done in Edmonton with getting Lucic, Maroon and Kassian.

Ducks fans are choked about this.  I admit I don't know much about the kid, but have done a bunch of reading on HF.  kid seems like a VERY effective fast checking forward.  Will be a hell of an addition to the bottom 6.

Also fits the age range Benning has been building on.

Just now, Jayinblack said:

Like when we lost Corrado unhappy or more like when we lost Volpatti unhappy ?  :unsure:

Feels good to be on the other side of these things for a change.  Great week so far JB !

Volpatti. They seem upset that we was waived.

1 minute ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Why would the Ducks waive him? 10 points in 46 games is not too shabby for a 4th line player.

Especially if he's tough, fast and can check.  Bending is pretty selective with his waiver wire grabs and I think he's done a good job.  We now have a couple new guys coming into the lineup.  I'm glad ownership ok the much needed rebuild I for one will probly go to more games now and you can clearly see the market is happy. 

4 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I must not be in the right site. I have never seen such a positive CDC as I have seen in the past 2 days.....this has to be an aberration.

GO Sharks GO!

39 minutes ago, b3. said:

God forbid we just let Grenier and Labate get some more games in.

Grenier is not gritty. Labate can hopefully become what Cramarossa IS in the next couple years. Cramarossa is a gritty NHL level bottom 6'er. Labate is a younger, gritty, AHL bottom 6'er.

Utica also needs players back.

We just lost Hansen and Burr. We need some NHL level speed, grit PK ability etc back in the lineup.

TANK COMMANDER CRAMER REPORTING FOR DUTY. 

He actually has somewhat surreal bad possession stats. This is the kind of guy that you want for a tank year. He can provide crash and bang hockey that is surprisingly fun to watch, while being statisticaly likely to lead to slightly more losses despite his best efforts.  

7 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I must not be in the right site. I have never seen such a positive CDC as I have seen in the past 2 days.....this has to be an aberration.

2 minutes ago, Sygvard said:

TANK COMMANDER CRAMER REPORTING FOR DUTY. 

He actually has somewhat surreal bad possession stats. This is the kind of guy that you want for a tank year. He can provide crash and bang hockey that is surprisingly fun to watch, while being statisticaly likely to lead to slightly more losses despite his best efforts.  

Well now... that didn't take long

Good pickup, will help our PK with Burrows and Hansen now gone, and he's a good depth option. We can send some help back to Utica as well with this, where with all the call ups we've had we'd really have to make some trades just for them in the AHL right now otherwise.

Archived