The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Joseph Cramarossa off waivers

5 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

Well now... that didn't take long

I mean it in the most loving and light hearted way! I am in far too good of a mood to complain. I am genuinely in favour of fun to watch crash and bangers to fill slots.  

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

The way Virtanin is playing. He may be in the East Coast League next year. 

Have you actually watched any Comets games?  Despite the low point totals, he's actually playing very well and it's pretty obvious his skill level is a step up from most of the other players on the ice.  He just needs to work on his consistency.  I suggest watching some of the Comets games, it will reassure you

5 minutes ago, Sygvard said:

I mean it in the most loving and light hearted way! I am in far too good of a mood to complain. I am genuinely in favour of fun to watch crash and bangers to fill slots.  

I hear ya.... just couldn't resist when those two quotes were so close together

He's fast, kills penalties, plays physical, you can't complain about that. I think if he works out it will shakeup the bottom six beyond this year. Namely Dorsett at 2.5 or the lingering question of resigning Skille. 

I bet he'll try and prove himself next game with a fight. Hockey is similar to prison that way; you must prove yourself to your new cellmates. 

2 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

The way Virtanin is playing. He may be in the East Coast League next year. 

A buddy of mine just went to two games a few weeks ago... said he was horrible :(   Now having said that my friend did not play anything outside of minor hockey... but he is a pretty critical fan and sees play away from the puck.  Who knows, i just see he is not scoring anything of value and neither is the rest of the team.

Just now, stawns said:

Have you actually watched any Comets games?  Despite the low point totals, he's actually playing very well and it's pretty obvious his skill level is a step up from most of the other players on the ice.  He just needs to work on his consistency.  I suggest watching some of the Comets games, it will reassure you

I've watched 4 games and all I saw was the same thing. When he gets the puck, he does what he wants with it. Getting the puck is the problem. He just didn't seem to have the tenacity to do whatever it takes to get the puck. He's no closer to the NHL than he was when he got sent down. A guy with his size and skill set should owning the AHL. Not barely surviving it. 

7 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

He's fast, kills penalties, plays physical, you can't complain about that. I think if he works out it will shakeup the bottom six beyond this year. Namely Dorsett at 2.5 or the lingering question of resigning Skille. 

I bet he'll try and prove himself next game with a fight. Hockey is similar to prison that way; you must prove yourself to your new cellmates. 

I'd be both shocked and angry if that was even a question, let alone a lingering one

23 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Grenier is not gritty. Labate can hopefully become what Cramarossa IS in the next couple years. Cramarossa is a gritty NHL level bottom 6'er. Labate is a younger, gritty, AHL bottom 6'er.

Utica also needs players back.

We just lost Hansen and Burr. We need some NHL level speed, grit PK ability etc back in the lineup.

I'm full aboard the tank train now. Grit could help us win games, and that is not good for tanking.

All jokes aside, I agree. It would be nice to give Utica half of their team back, as well it appears that Cram is indeed a capable bottom six guy for us.

1 minute ago, b3. said:

I'm full aboard the tank train now. Grit could help us win games, and that is not good for tanking.

All jokes aside, I agree. It would be nice to give Utica half of their team back, as well it appears that Cram is indeed a capable bottom six guy for us.

Not to worry, Crammer will likely help keep us from getting shellacked but he's not going to all of a sudden get us in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Cram Bam thank you man!

The Crammer!  And bonus points for pummeling a flame....i like this guy already.  Add Labate to the mix and 4th line could be a pain in the arse next year.

Archived