The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lack of interest in Miller good for Canucks

nickels

17 hours ago, Pete M said:

We suck with him...the last I looked. Team is heading in the wrong direction...will be lucky to win a handful of games moving forward.

Miller doesn't matter, he is old just like the Sedins.

Let me correct this.  We would suck more without him.  Markstrom hasn't taken the reigns away. 

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Let me correct this.  We would suck more without him.  Markstrom hasn't taken the reigns away. 

That's an opinion...

However, it would be nice to see Markstrom get more than 1 game every 3 weeks in order to prove your opinion right or wrong.

Last time Miller won a game was against Calgary...his win/ lose record isn't anything to write home about. Can't remember the last time he stole a game for us...the Calgary game the team played well in front of him and deserved the win.

I do remember Martin Jones winning/ stealing a game against the Canucks in Vancouver.

On 2017-03-01 at 6:56 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I don't necessarily think it was the lack of interest for why he did not get traded. The current situation of Markstrom being out with an injury could be part of the reason. As well as, Jim Benning may have not been happy with the offers he was recieving. I don't really mind keeping Miller, and re-signing him in the off-season for a year or two. He has been great for us, and it will benefit Markstrom. But I would like to see a 50-50 split between Miller and Markstrom, or Markstrom getting more games, if we do re-sign Miller.

Unfortunately unless we get a new coach that won't happen.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

That's an opinion...

However, it would be nice to see Markstrom get more than 1 game every 3 weeks in order to prove your opinion right or wrong.

Last time Miller won a game was against Calgary...his win/ lose record isn't anything to write home about. Can't remember the last time he stole a game for us...the Calgary game the team played well in front of him and deserved the win.

I do remember Martin Jones winning/ stealing a game against the Canucks in Vancouver.

im not going to fact check this, but it seems like any time we play markstrom we lose, with Miller we ususally have a shot.

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Didn't the Laughs (last season) play a bum goalie regularly to insure their getting the best odds in the draft lotto?  At this point, is "sucking more" such a bad thing?

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

That's an opinion...

Yes IMO Miller at this time is a better goalie than Markstrom.  Markstrom is getting better but his career hasn't exactly provided eye popping stats.  Don't worry he will get his turn as will Demko.  Both goalies have kept it close its out offense that is the bigger issue here.

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If we are going the veteran goalie route the Canucks should wait until the offseason to see what other goalies are available. There could be a glut of them.

If JB signs Miller to an extension, doesn't that show (clearly) his lack of belief Markstrom is a viable starter?

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn't the Laughs (last season) play a bum goalie regularly to insure their getting the best odds in the draft lotto?  At this point, is "sucking more" such a bad thing?

Benning made a statement.  It's going to be a little tougher for the team to win for the foreseeable future.  Three years maybe more.  Detroit is also going through a similar cycle right now..All that winning and no replacements found with late picks.  That's ok.  Just part of the game.  Something to look forward too and on the subject we could do worse than Miller.  

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Benning made a statement.  It's going to be a little tougher for the team to win for the foreseeable future.  Three years maybe more.  Detroit is also going through a similar cycle right now..All that winning and no replacements found with late picks.  That's ok.  Just part of the game.  Something to look forward too and on the subject we could do worse than Miller.  

I accept Miller is still a solid starter.  Do you think it's better to have him, because he gives confidence to the team?

12 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Brisebois and MacKenzie for Lack is pretty good in hindsight. I think that's who we selected with those picks.

Lack was extremely overrated by the fanbase, just getting the pick was a good trade.

People here thought he was worth a 1st for gods sake. 

1 hour ago, playboi19 said:

Lack was extremely overrated by the fanbase, just getting the pick was a good trade.

People here thought he was worth a 1st for gods sake. 

There is a lot of dumb people here who think we have 23 players worth 23 1st or 2nd Rd picks.

39 minutes ago, smokes said:

Trade Markstrom resign Miller and Demko backups Miller because it's clear with the amount of games Miller is playing, Markstrom is not being groomed to be a number one in Vancouver.

In order to be groomed to be number one, a player has to be capable of it. 

Archived