The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

1 hour ago, Silky mitts said:

He will not become a Jamie benn come on now , definitely has potential to be a good nhler but to put him on that level is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

To be fair, nobody thought Jamie Benn was going to be the next Jamie Benn. Guy was drafted 5h round.

That's not to say that you're not probably right and that 'Jamie Benn' is probably optimistic expectations or ZMac:lol:

• Upvote 2

On 1/19/2019 at 2:07 PM, CanuckleHorse said:

My favourite prospect in the organization he’s what is needed going forward to me he will become a Jamie Benn type player.

Woah. How'd I miss this Ludacris projection. 

16 hours ago, canucksnihilist said:

McEwan looks ready for a shot.  He could be a top 6...  rather give him a shot than get a FA winger.   Who to sit on the current roster?   Schaller is a dud... but are we stuck with him?

Schaller mostly sits anyway, no use bringing up McEwan to sit, better to play in Utica than that.  Goldobin mostly sits, too - who does that leave?  Granlund, Eriksson, Motte, Leivo, Roussel & Virtanen.  It won’t be Roussel, shouldn’t be Leivo - that leaves Granlund, Eriksson, Motte, and Virtanen.  But I don’t think the most pressing of our issues are with the forwards - the issue is on the back end.  We really only have two D that thrived under the pressure, last night - Stetcher and Hutton.  The worst of the problem was obvious, personnel wise - Pouliot- but, that said, changing strategy might relieve, but not solve the problem.  I feel for Pouliot, he melted under the fore check last night, and in the last several games.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully he is given a look some point down the stretch.

If he continues to develop in the upward trajectory, he is going to give Canucks management a fit how to keep him safe from selection come the expansion draft.

His size, skating ability, hands, faceoff ability, physicality, and defensive awareness will make him an enticing piece.

• Cheers 1

On 1/24/2019 at 11:33 AM, CanuckleHorse said:

I have no crystal ball but my hopes is he can reach his full potential and he’s exceeded many people’s expectations so I’m hoping he can continue that trend.

He may not become Jamie Benn, but he will become Zack MacEwen. By that I mean that each time I watch him play it seems like he has gotten a little better, a little more confident, a little faster to where the puck is going to be or to where the open ice is, and he keeps developing his ability to protect the puck.  It would not hurt one bit for the Canucks to have another big, strong right winger that can score and play a 200 foot game.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

He may not become Jamie Benn, but he will become Zack MacEwen. By that I mean that each time I watch him play it seems like he has gotten a little better, a little more confident, a little faster to where the puck is going to be or to where the open ice is, and he keeps developing his ability to protect the puck.  It would not hurt one bit for the Canucks to have another big, strong right winger that can score and play a 200 foot game.

Its funny looking at the Canucks RW side. In my mind theres only one true top 6 piece there, Boeser. Then there's 3-5 players who I think have a really good shot at being NHL players but most likely in the bottom six, Virtanen, Lind, MacEwen, Jasek? and Lockwood?. Good depth but it would be nice to have another elite RW prospect or a guy like Lind/MacEwen develop into a top 6 role.

9 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Can't complain about being healthy but it's a shame we can't get a look at this guy. I Hope we clear space soon, sell a guy or two for picks.

With the growth of some guys like MacEwen, Gaudette and Gaunce we definitely have some room to make moves. Even Gagner could fill a role if we cant trade him this deadline. Sutter, Schaller, Granlund, Goldobin could all be moved at the deadline and I cant see it hurting our lineup significantly. Sutter more then the others but I think his minutes are replaceable.

On 1/24/2019 at 5:10 PM, cyoung said:

Woah. How'd I miss this Ludacris projection. 

Ludacris was a brilliant philosopher and had conceived of an universe before anyone else.  The church burned his work and turned the his name into an insult to protect their hemogy from science.  

So as a projection, if it is Ludacris, it will be likely proven right....

Sp mistake   Lucretius whom the word is based on.  This became Ludicrous and became an insult.  

Things Lucretius philosophized, evolution and a infinite universe.  

Edited by Phat Fingers
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Benning said today McEwen is on deck to be called next injury Canucks have. He was switched to wing this year and has been great in Utica.

Really looking forward to seeing him in a nux uni. Could be a guy who blows the doors off his chance.

he could but he might struggle too. management has to determine each prospects progress and bring them up when they think they are ready. we fans think that we know that info but we just have opinions. management makes decisions on facts. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Ludacris was a brilliant philosopher and had conceived of an universe before anyone else.  The church burned his work and turned the his name into an insult to protect their hemogy from science.  

Sp mistake   Lucretius whom the word is based on.  This became Ludicrous and became an insult.  

Yuk lol

12 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

In the immortal words of the great philosopher:

“Yeek yeek woop woop! why you all in my ear?!
Talking a whole bunch of ****
That I ain't trying to hear!”

• Haha 3