The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

"Zack attack is going to be a fan favorite.  He can skate, shoot, score, hit and fight.  6'4 211lbs"

I think that is still a little skinny, might just need to hit the gym this off season.

Unless dude has some crazy wheels, adding weight can potentially just slow him down. He's a good size imo.

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah but aren't we overloaded on featherweight playmakers? We need some pushback

If Baer is out for a while I'd like to see Zac called up for the bottom 6 and put Roussel up with Horvat. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah but aren't we overloaded on featherweight playmakers? We need some pushback

We aren't at all, look at our roster. We have maybe a handful of undersized guys.

Pettersson, motte and stetcher are our only smaller guys. Motte and stetcher can handle themselves. Roussel, goldobin and baertschi are all 5'11 but can handle themselves just fine. 

We don't have a tough team by any means but we aren't filled with tiny playmakers either. McEwen is a beast already.

9 hours ago, cyoung said:

We aren't at all, look at our roster. We have maybe a handful of undersized guys.

Pettersson, motte and stetcher are our only smaller guys. Motte and stetcher can handle themselves. Roussel, goldobin and baertschi are all 5'11 but can handle themselves just fine. 

We don't have a tough team by any means but we aren't filled with tiny playmakers either. McEwen is a beast already.

We looked over matched physically in Philly. We're close but need some more push back I like Mac but it wouldn't hurt him to put on another 20 lbs of muscle.

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We looked over matched physically in Philly. We're close but need some more push back I like Mac but it wouldn't hurt him to put on another 20 lbs of muscle.

It hurt JV to put on that much weight. He was slower and less conditioned. He seemed genuinely tired near the end of games and was barely playing. 

He probably will add some weight throughout his career. But he's likely not coming back from one summer with 20 lbs of muscle. Much of it would be fat more than likely. And could hurt his chances of making the team next year if he can't keep up in camp. 

1 minute ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

It hurt JV to put on that much weight. He was slower and less conditioned. He seemed genuinely tired near the end of games and was barely playing. 

He probably will add some weight throughout his career. But he's likely not coming back from one summer with 20 lbs of muscle. Much of it would be fat more than likely. And could hurt his chances of making the team next year if he can't keep up in camp. 

211 is kinda skinny for a power forward but maybe he can be a scoring type like Greg Adams was. More playmaker than grit guy. Adams was about the same weight class.

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

In a few years I see him being about 225pounds playing weight. Muscle and weight will be gained as he ages. But he is close to NHL now and a good off season of training will really help him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

In a few years I see him being about 225pounds playing weight. Muscle and weight will be gained as he ages. But he is close to NHL now and a good off season of training will really help him. 

That's a good weight. And strong.

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah he’s not putting on 20 pounds of muscles for a few years unless he does steroids. Not sure people understand how hard that is to do especially when you’re playing all season. Not only that, but that much more weight would slow him down a ton. He has some skill, he’s not just a plug. He’ll fill out in the next couple of years. I think 220 is more than enough for his style of play.

1 hour ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Yeah he’s not putting on 20 pounds of muscles for a few years unless he does steroids. Not sure people understand how hard that is to do especially when you’re playing all season. Not only that, but that much more weight would slow him down a ton. He has some skill, he’s not just a plug. He’ll fill out in the next couple of years. I think 220 is more than enough for his style of play.

Ya anything more than that is a hinderance in the new NHL. Look at Lucic who plays at 230, He can't keep up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Canuck season ended when Edler went down so I am hoping some of the Utica players get rotated thru the roster for some NHL experience. 

...He fell on his face...even if he broke his orbital bone he should be back in 3-5 weeks ...otherwise it will only be a week or 2...if it were Bieksa it would be 2 days....

4 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

...He fell on his face...even if he broke his orbital bone he should be back in 3-5 weeks ...otherwise it will only be a week or 2...if it were Bieksa it would be 2 days....

He should only be out for a game or two by the sounds of it.

• Like 1