The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Both of those aspects to his game have to improve dramatically IMO, or his days playing in the NHL are going to be very short.

It’s weird, when he first arrived here his finish seemed to almost be the best part of his game. Now he misses the net almost every shot.

9 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

MacEwen looked very solid. He doesn't need anymore time in Utica. Benning would be smart to keep him up full-time, and start looking at which players he's going to tee up for trades. 

Looking forward to seeing his next game. 

The Canucks don’t have the depth to be trading away roster players.

16 hours ago, shad0w4life said:

Problem is a giveaway isn’t counted when you do a low % shot into shin pads, or bobble the puck and skate past it, or chip it with limp wrist onto the other teams stick, or pass it to other team. JV does that a LOT 

Well 12 goals is better than 6 goals, 116 hits is better than 10 hits, 28 blocked shots is better than 13 blocked shots, 2 PP goals is better than 1 PP goal especially when he hardly sees PP time.  Oh and yeah I agree let's just toss out the takeaway giveaway stat cause it is probably totally inaccurate.  

Back on topic I was at the game last night.  MacEwen didn't look out of place.  A bit hesitant early but looked good after the first period.  His size and positioning allowed him time and space.  Decent hands and read the play well. If he continues to improve he will be a good one. 

Tough game for Dipietro, his body language said it all - shouldn't have been put in that position.  I felt bad for the kid.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

some maintain, that Gaudette can't fill Sutter's role on the 3rd line but all of a sudden there is a spot available for a player named Zack Mc Ewen - what the hell is going on in VAN -

MacEwen is simply knocking down the door. More than that tbh. So excited he's given an opportunity. I thought we'd have to wait until the middle of next season so him being called up was truly a surprise for me. 

Hopefully Green keeps rolling with MacEwen like he was doing for the last 10 minutes of last night's game. 

Solid debut.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Odd. said:

MacEwen is simply knocking down the door. More than that tbh. So excited he's given an opportunity. I thought we'd have to wait until the middle of next season so him being called up was truly a surprise for me. 

Hopefully Green keeps rolling with MacEwen like he was doing for the last 10 minutes of last night's game. 

Solid debut.

For less than 10 minutes of TOI he was noticeable. Wicked slap shot and a close in try. His skating was better than I thought. I hope he gets at least another game or two. 

Like his attitude. He will be a solid challenger next fall. I am hoping the Canucks do not make playoffs and MacEwen plays half a dozen games in March.  

Was excited to see ZM play. First time getting to see him. Could definitely see a little nerves early, but he seemed to get more comfortable when given more ice time. Love the hustle, effort, and most importantly the hunger. Not enough of the latter with this squad last night. Maybe some guys can take notice and remember what it's like fighting for a job. They better take notice, as this team improves over the next couple years some of these guys with drop down the depth chart. Better start fighting for their futures now.

MacEwen just jumped up in my top prospects list. He was very good IMO against SJ. He had a few good chances, almost scored at least once, and added an assist. He made his presence known, unlike that highly skilled Russian guy lol He's big, has speed and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He also creates scoring chances. They got to keep this guy on the team, and bring up Gaudette while they're at it.

1. Hughes

2. Gaudette

3. Dahlen

4. MacEwen

5. Woo

6. Juolevi

7. DiPietro

8. Madden

9. Lind/Gadjovich

10. Lockwood

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

MacEwen just jumped up in my top prospects list. He was very good IMO against SJ. He had a few good chances, almost scored at least once, and added an assist. He made his presence known, unlike that highly skilled Russian guy lol He's big, has speed and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He also creates scoring chances. They got to keep this guy on the team, and bring up Gaudette while they're at it.

1. Hughes

2. Gaudette

3. Dahlen

4. MacEwen

5. Woo

6. Juolevi

7. DiPietro

8. Madden

9. Lind/Gadjovich

10. Lockwood

Agreed, move on from Schaller and Granlund and switch Sutter to the wing. MacEwen and Gaudette both deserve spots on this team.

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

Goldy-Horvat-MacEwen

Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Sutter

Motte

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Agreed, move on from Schaller and Granlund and switch Sutter to the wing. MacEwen and Gaudette both deserve spots on this team.

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

Goldy-Horvat-MacEwen

Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Sutter

Motte

I'd switch motte be goldy

But I've been thinking the Sutter should be playing wing. He has a decent shot

Edited by Wanless

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

1. Hughes

2. Gaudette

3. Dahlen

4. MacEwen

5. Woo

6. Juolevi

7. DiPietro

8. Madden

9. Lind/Gadjovich

10. Lockwood

That's a top 10 caliber prospect pool league wide for sure

• Upvote 1