The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

11 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Don't know if this has been already posted but Big Zack has one of the best names in hockey. When Zack Kassian was here, we hyped him up as 'The Zack Attack'. 

As for our current Zack, why not 'The Zack Mac Attack'? :bigblush:

I think the better question, instead of why not.....is why? :picard:

On 2/12/2019 at 5:26 PM, RetroCanuck said:

Agreed, move on from Schaller and Granlund and switch Sutter to the wing. MacEwen and Gaudette both deserve spots on this team.

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

Goldy-Horvat-MacEwen

Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Sutter

Motte

Drop Goldy,  keep Motte.

Don't see why Motte wouldn't be good with Horvat.  Jake and Zack can vie for the top six.  

I think Sutter should skate on the RW with Gaudette.  That way the young center has a faceoff guy to use.  

Zack has to show that he can stick.  Lots of guys do great for a game or a few.  I think he is on a.mission though.  

18 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Drop Goldy,  keep Motte.

Don't see why Motte wouldn't be good with Horvat.  Jake and Zack can vie for the top six.  

I think Sutter should skate on the RW with Gaudette.  That way the young center has a faceoff guy to use.  

Zack has to show that he can stick.  Lots of guys do great for a game or a few.  I think he is on a.mission though.  

i am not seeing a lot of mistakes by MacEwen. Big body infront of the ozone net which the Canucks desperately need. Impressed with his hands. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Think we have 6 undrafted players on our 23 man roster !

And our record reflects that :bigblush:

In all honesty I didn't realize Beagle and Schaller were undrafted. I mean, as of now I can see why Schaller was undrafted. Lol. But Beagle being undrafted caught me off guard. Guy is so good I kind of just assumed it was expected his whole career. 

7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

And our record reflects that :bigblush:

In all honesty I didn't realize Beagle and Schaller were undrafted. I mean, as of now I can see why Schaller was undrafted. Lol. But Beagle being undrafted caught me off guard. Guy is so good I kind of just assumed it was expected his whole career. 

Plus.....in Utica, Sautner, McEneny, Chatfield and Kero, and in junior, Eliot.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:16 AM, Tiger-Hearted said:

Don't know if this has been already posted but Big Zack has one of the best names in hockey. When Zack Kassian was here, we hyped him up as 'The Zack Attack'. 

As for our current Zack, why not 'The Zack Mac Attack'? :bigblush:

Why not just MacZack?

59 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I like Chatfield. Not too sure about the others. Sounds like McEneny is at the end of his rope with us. 

41 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

He is a Group 6 UFA at the end of the season and it remains to be seen if they still have interest in him.

Don’t know if any of that is true,.   Beleive he had a long term injury this season..  was playing strong for us before that.

Just now, SilentSam said:

Don’t know if any of that is true,.   Beleive he had a long term injury this season..  was playing strong for us before that.

He has had a number of long term injuries over the past few seasons including last year,  but I am hoping that they still see a future for him in the organization.

• Cheers 1

On 2/12/2019 at 1:26 PM, RetroCanuck said:

Agreed, move on from Schaller and Granlund and switch Sutter to the wing. MacEwen and Gaudette both deserve spots on this team.

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

Goldy-Horvat-MacEwen

Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Sutter

Motte

Wow! That’s one expensive fourth line.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1