The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Oh I agree.  He could be a guy who plays with Pettersson 5 on 5, just to keep the game honest.  I had no idea he could fight like that.  He could be a nuclear deterrent, that rarely fights, much like Guddy.  Having two destroyers in the lineup every game would be awesome.  

Let’s add Tryamkin, and stir..    could be your new favourite drink?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Let’s add Tryamkin, and stir..    could be your new favourite drink?

Wow!  It’s so rare to find big guys that can intimidate with their physical nature, who can still play 5 on 5.  Having Guddy, Big Mac, and Tryamkin would be an extremely imposing trio.  

Think we could get Tryamkin back?  I enjoyed watching him play.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I agree OJ is here be Christmas 2019.  I doubt Hughes sees any time in Utica.  

How do you think Brisebois has done in his two games.  He looked big to me.  I didn’t realize he was so big bodied.  

I like Brisebois.  He's a keeper.  He can make the big club next year I think.  If Brisebois can develop into a legit NHL defenceman then it will be a lot easier to deal a Dman for scoring help up front.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wow!  It’s so rare to find big guys that can intimidate with their physical nature, who can still play 5 on 5.  Having Guddy, Big Mac, and Tryamkin would be an extremely imposing trio.  

I do,.  I think there are a lot of fans who miss him too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I do,.  I think there are a lot of fans who miss him too.

Alot of fans do, but I try to keep him out of my dream rosters as it's a long shot for him to return and it's just not worth thinking about unless he does decide to return.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I like Brisebois.  He's a keeper.  He can make the big club next year I think.  If Brisebois can develop into a legit NHL defenceman then it will be a lot easier to deal a Dman for scoring help up front.

I think he goes back to the AHL, after the injury run..  hope to see Sautner re-appear before the season ends...  both will look to take Pouliotte’s place next season.. maybe more room made for more developing D .

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we had Big Mac, Guddy and Tree all in the lineup at the same time I wouldn't be able to contain myself really...  ::D

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I think he goes back to the AHL, after the injury run..  hope to see Sautner re-appear before the season ends...  both will look to take Pouliotte’s place next season.. maybe more room made for more developing D .

I think you or I could take Pouliot's place next year really...  ^_^

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think you or I could take Pouliot's place next year really...  ^_^

And I have to add, it is nice to see fair opportunity coming to the likes of our prospects when they are brought up.

Green doesn’t seem to have the same problem that Desjardins had..  i think the Dipietro emergency, would have gone differently.. possibly risk the health of our #1 in Markstrom.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Stone will be a UFA.  We can sign him for free.  Not saying he would come to Vancouver but not a lot of contenders are going to have the cap space to sign him long term.  

Juolevi had major knee surgery this year, he's not going to make the club out of training camp.  If we re-sign Edler to a 3-4 year deal then we would have Edler, Hutton and Hughes on the left side.  No room for Juolevi.  If Tanev sticks around as well as Stecher and Woo comes into the fold with the possibility of Tryamkin coming back in a year then there is no room for Juolevi on the right side either.

I have no problem waiting for Juolevi to develop and he could very well be a good top 4 Dman one day, but we need help up front, we need legit top 6 wingers who can play with BO.  We don't have any right now on the roster.  So that is why I propose Huberdeau and Stone, to speed up the rebuild.  

I thought JB stated that OJ was on track and expected him to be fully ready for training camp.  

So are you saying he wont be ready for training camp, or are you saying he will need some reps in the AHL before making the jump to essentially complete the work he missed this season?  Nothing to do with his physical recovery from the surgery.  

I want to clarify as I haven't heard of any issues with his recovery.  

On 3/3/2017 at 8:22 PM, guntrix said:

I'm all for taking shots on new kids but the Canucks are really reaching with this guy. 

20 year old, 6'4" with only 62 points in 59 games in his third year in the Q is very dire. I'll consider it a success if he makes the AHL. 

Looks bad with hindsight....  

'Very dire' indeed.  

Is he a success now Guntrix?  Do you want a mulligan on that one....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The depth is bubbling up to the surface now.  

Hughes, OJ, Brisebios and others are all on the cusp.  Add in the Russian Giant and there is some good reason to think about whom to move next year.  

I expect Edler to resign, Guddy to resign.  Tanev could go either way.  Hutton, Stecher and Pouliot are all replaceable to an extent if others exceed their abilities.  Stecher is one I would want to keep, but only of there is room for him to take real minutes.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

AT some point the decision on Pouliot has to be made. The interesting question will be whether he shows enough that another team might give us a pick for him or that he can be a throw in on a multi player deal. I agree with you I doubt he is with the team next fall. Unlike Hutton, who's biggest issue was conditioning, IMHO Pouliot's biggest challenge is his reading of the plays on ice. I do think he is getting better and think his play has improved in the last month. The org depth is passing him by. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

AT some point the decision on Pouliot has to be made. The interesting question will be whether he shows enough that another team might give us a pick for him or that he can be a throw in on a multi player deal. I agree with you I doubt he is with the team next fall. Unlike Hutton, who's biggest issue was conditioning, IMHO Pouliot's biggest challenge is his reading of the plays on ice. I do think he is getting better and think his play has improved in the last month. The org depth is passing him by. 

Scouts from other teams see exactly the same thing we see with Pouliot.  Nobody wants this guy except as a depth seventh defensemen right now.  If we get a 6th or 7th rounder for him we should count our blessings.  His NHL career is toast after this season.

4 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

I thought JB stated that OJ was on track and expected him to be fully ready for training camp.  

So are you saying he wont be ready for training camp, or are you saying he will need some reps in the AHL before making the jump to essentially complete the work he missed this season?  Nothing to do with his physical recovery from the surgery.  

I want to clarify as I haven't heard of any issues with his recovery.  

To clarify, he will be fully healthy by training camp I am sure.  However, he will need at least until Christmas before he gets enough reps in Utica to challenge for a spot on the big club.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To clarify, he will be fully healthy by training camp I am sure.  However, he will need at least until Christmas before he gets enough reps in Utica to challenge for a spot on the big club.

Thanks,

I dont think he can use another delay.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dungass said:

Scouts from other teams see exactly the same thing we see with Pouliot.  Nobody wants this guy except as a depth seventh defensemen right now.  If we get a 6th or 7th rounder for him we should count our blessings.  His NHL career is toast after this season.

I mostly agree.  He hasn't done well.  If he had beaten out Hutton for a spot with Stecher.... who knows.  

He can pull a Baumgartner and kick around the league and end up in the AHL as a depth guy that never quite put the pieces together.  Unless some miracle happens, his best shot was this season to turn the corner.  

• Upvote 4

On 2/17/2019 at 2:07 PM, Boudrias said:

We might see Joulevi by X-Mass. No guarantee Hughes doesn't spend some time in Utica. 

EP is the closest thing we have to Hughes...Stecher is the next...distant...far distant...thing we have like Hughes.

Same thing with EP...we had no-one like him and he wasn't going to spend a drop of time in Utica...neither will Hughes.

As for Joulevi...he was ready to go...he will be a year more mature and there is enough time for him to hit the gym in June and be on the ice in August at latest.

I can see him needing a few games to a month in Utica if we still have both Tanev and Edler...we won't have Pooalot and Hughes can play either side if need be...

So if we have all the D we have now...then maybe ne needs until the first injury call up but that's it...it 's the show from there.

• Wat 1