The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

38 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Can' we have both and enjoy?

and throw in a big body Gaudette too? would that be so wrong?

I'll take all of: a mystery top 6, skilled W'er with size (lotto win for Kakko?), Virtanen, Mac and hopefully Gadjovich eventually as well please!

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, shad0w4life said:

Virt better be careful, ZM is already looking like the player people wanted JV to be.

Careful, Jake! There's another player on the team that throws hits with some consistency. Your role on the team is being usurped! You may have to come back and just play through the rib fracture pain. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, shad0w4life said:

Also has a fight and hasn't played in the NHL before, and didn't get to play a lot of games with amazing linemates...JV is a let down, at least ZM will play physical and doesn't shy away from the front of the net.

Go back into the shadows dude, your posts are idiotic. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Can' we have both and enjoy?

and throw in a big body Gaudette too? would that be so wrong?

No we can't, it would be wrong. When praising a player, it is important to always find some other member of the Canucks organization to put down. Otherwise one could lose one's spot in the shad0ws under the bridge.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So Schaller is playing instead of Big Mac???  :picard:

Big Mac did not do much. Send him back down to get him big minutes in all situations. Schaller is a throw away player. Let him lose with the big team.

Let big mac show he can win with the small team. Would have made no difference in the outcome of this game.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Big Mac did not do much. Send him back down to get him big minutes in all situations. Schaller is a throw away player. Let him lose with the big team.

Let big mac show he can win with the small team. Would have made no difference in the outcome of this game.

He played under 3 minutes last game and won his first NHL fight.  What did you expect from him in 3 minutes?

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

He played under 3 minutes last game and won his first NHL fight.  What did you expect from him in 3 minutes?

Nothing. It was his first NHL game. He has done nothing, YET, to show he can outplay a proven NHLer. 

I have big hopes for him and hope he will be good. But whining about him getting an NHL game here or there right now is stupid whiny crap imo.

9 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Nothing. It was his first NHL game. He has done nothing, YET, to show he can outplay a proven NHLer. 

I have big hopes for him and hope he will be good. But whining about him getting an NHL game here or there right now is stupid whiny crap imo.

Schaller did nothing tonight.  Big Mac already outplayed him sitting in the stands.  There was no reason to play Schaller tonight.  I would rather see Big Mac getting some valuable experience with the big club then wasting a roster spot on someone who contributes zero to the team.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Schaller did nothing tonight.  Big Mac already outplayed him sitting in the stands.  There was no reason to play Schaller tonight.  I would rather see Big Mac getting some valuable experience with the big club then wasting a roster spot on someone who contributes zero to the team.  

You’re responding to a troll you can tell the majority of his posts is just him fishing for an argument he giggles like a little school girl every time he’s successful in getting a rise out the fans.

Edited by CanuckleHorse
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hopefully Jim is packaging up Schaller with a few others before the deadline ends. Best to get rid of the dead weight.

• Upvote 2

My suspicion is that the organization is bringing up the players from Utica that they hope can make the team next season, get a look at them in NHL conditions so they have a better idea of what players from the big club could be packaged maybe for picks or high end prospects.  Our future looks bright!  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, skategal said:

My suspicion is that the organization is bringing up the players from Utica that they hope can make the team next season, get a look at them in NHL conditions so they have a better idea of what players from the big club could be packaged maybe for picks or high end prospects.  Our future looks bright!  

Particularly MacEwen, his time to make the team probably isn't now, it'll be next October.  Pouliot may be in the line-up right now, but the depth right behind him is also getting a look at to see if it's worthy bringing Pouliot back next season.

4 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Good point, he hasn't seen a shift since that fight.  There is no way this mgm group is actually serious about playoffs if they are choosing Schaller, Loui, goldobin  in over this kid.   

Or, maybe he hurt or tweaked something in the fight. It's all just speculation at this point.