The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

16 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Or, maybe he hurt or tweaked something in the fight. It's all just speculation at this point. 

I hope this is the case(not that he got injured but there is a reason he got taken out of the lineup)....  I like what he brought. 

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

...And he gets sent down.  Don't agree with this move one bit, he did more in one game than Schaller did all year. 

This may be a TDL move so that he can play for the Calder cup. It's a bit confusing as I expected Schenn and Gaudette also to be 'sent down' today.

18 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

...And he gets sent down.  Don't agree with this move one bit, he did more in one game than Schaller did all year. 

In fairness, Schaller is likely sitting in the press box. I'd rather MacEwan actually be playing, even if only in Utica.

Edited by aGENT

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

In fairness, Schaller is likely sitting in the press box. I'd rather MacEwan actually be playing, even if only in Utica.

Mac has to be playing. Fans are all excited about the new faces Spooner and Pearson but the biggest org goal right now has to be getting into the Calder Cup playoffs and having success. IMHO Gaudette should be back in Utica as well. Sautner is doing well and at 15 TOI should stay until Edler returns. 

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Sestito went with MacKewan..

Cant appreciate Tom’s  “Tittle Belt” pose,. There’s got to be 15 years difference between the two..  Hats off to Zack.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/topics/tweet/1114350058697252865?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email

wow I had no idea ol' Tommy still played.. he should hang 'em up

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Sestito went with MacKewan..

Cant appreciate Tom’s  “Tittle Belt” pose,. There’s got to be 15 years difference between the two..  Hats off to Zack.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/topics/tweet/1114350058697252865?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email

I don't even get the belt pose, It's not like he gooned him. Zack held his own pretty well. I'd say.

What a moron.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

I don't even get the belt pose, It's not like he gooned him. Zack held his own pretty well. I'd say.

What a moron.

Zack held his own to start, but Sestito got him pretty good by the end. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Zack needs to fill out and add 15 pounds and hit the gym.

Zack is 6' 4" and 211 lb.  He is a pretty big guy already.  I wonder if he puts too much weight on, it may have a negative affect on his speed.  I maybe wrong but what do you think?

34 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Zack is 6' 4" and 211 lb.  He is a pretty big guy already.  I wonder if he puts too much weight on, it may have a negative affect on his speed.  I maybe wrong but what do you think?

I think you might be right, but at the same time, 6'4" is a big body. I think he could comfortably be 220 or even 225 without having too many negative effects.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I think he'll fill out naturally about another 20 pounds, and he's going to be dealing with some big big guys so some more leverage wouldn't hurt. Plus he's not our playmaker but a grit checking guy. 

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I think you might be right, but at the same time, 6'4" is a big body. I think he could comfortably be 220 or even 225 without having too many negative effects.

I agree, but not over a year.  A 6'4 frame should hold 225 or even more, no problem. But we have seen it before when guys come in after hitting the gym super hard and it has a negative affect on their speed and mobility. I feel muscle gain cannot be forced - it has to happen relatively naturally and be balanced with skating training.  If he gains 5 a year or so I think that is realistic. If he holds his own already (and he does) at a slow progression to 225-230 he would become beastly.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/8/2019 at 6:03 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

I think he'll fill out naturally about another 20 pounds, and he's going to be dealing with some big big guys so some more leverage wouldn't hurt. Plus he's not our playmaker but a grit checking guy. 

I think he’s our playoff answer to Tkachuk along with Virtanen.  Obviously not at the same level skill wise but with their speed and size on lines 3 and 4 they can keep his focus and get him off his game.  That will all be important soon.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It is almost laughable listening to media and fans talk about how the 'game has changed'. It is all about speed and skill, not physicality. Well it has not changed. CUP play tightens up the game and the talent often gets shut down. The 3rd & 4th lines often shine as a result. Canucks have to get bigger and meaner!

One only needed to watch the Big Bad Bruin's manhandle the Maple Leafs last night. 

The game has changed... a bit.... but you still have to have some big bad and nasty players to go along with the smaller but highly skilled players in order to go very far in the playoffs IMO.

Zack McEwen may be one of those players for the Canucks down the road in a year or so if not sooner.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3