The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

28 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Yeah wtf I don't understand either. He looks really freaking good in his highlights. 

He's 20 years old but it's his 2nd year in the QMJHL. I guess he started playing hockey later than others.

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

He's 20 years old but it's his 2nd year in the QMJHL. I guess he started playing hockey later than others.

Older or not, he looks like he dominates. Maybe a bottom 6 player for us in the future? I would be ecstatic. 

McEwen is HUGE. He scored 2 goals today and could have scored 3 or 4 more. Everytime he touched the puck our fans were nervous. I'm not a big fan of overagers but I have a great feeling about this kid. Few years away but he will make a great 4th liner some day

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

McEwen is HUGE. He scored 2 goals today and could have scored 3 or 4 more. Everytime he touched the puck our fans were nervous. I'm not a big fan of overagers but I have a great feeling about this kid. Few years away but he will make a great 4th liner some day

Hard to put a ceiling on MacEwen.. with some kids, the lights go on a little later than everybody else's expectations, and they last longer and brighter than others.

I know this kid is stoked to have signed with Canucks,. Guaranteed his Summer is one where "sundown" just means its cooled down for his second cardio session of the day.

Looks like he might get to Utica to end this season,. If that's true, I'm looking forward to TGreen's opinions, and those of @stonecoldstevebernier.

This one is sure to shine at prospect camp, and depending on how we fair after the expansion draft, Zack might kick down the doors of opportunity if they're open a crack.

• Upvote 1

On 3/18/2017 at 9:11 PM, Odd. said:

Could be another Grenier situation. In Grenier's case, he showed improvement each year but his ceiling was pretty unknown. It seems he's hit that ceiling a bit sooner than we'd hoped, and MacEwen could be a similar case (just hopefully with more to give in the pros, particularly the NHL).

On 3/26/2017 at 1:17 PM, elvis15 said:

Could be another Grenier situation. In Grenier's case, he showed improvement each year but his ceiling was pretty unknown. It seems he's hit that ceiling a bit sooner than we'd hoped, and MacEwen could be a similar case (just hopefully with more to give in the pros, particularly the NHL).

To be fair to Grenier he has lead the Comets in scoring two years straight. But of course 19 minutes is more than enough time for Willie to decide to never give the guy a legit shot in the NHL. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

To be fair to Grenier he has lead the Comets in scoring two years straight. But of course 19 minutes is more than enough time for Willie to decide to never give the guy a legit shot in the NHL. 

WD doesn't recall players from Utica.