The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

If I remember correctly, part of the reason that he didn't "want" to waive his NTC, was because his kids are all enrolled in school here, and he doesn't want to move them. This was why he wanted a 6 year contract, he wanted stability for his family. This is also part of what is pushing the whole retirement idea, where after his bonus, he's only walking away from 7 million. If Vancouver was to put him into some type of role with the team after retirement, it would allow him to settle here indefinitely.

If Canucks refuse to buy him out, sending him to Utica next season, becomes a real possibility, which means he loses control of his immediate access to family without uprooting them.

If his play dictates that.......this year he has earned his spot and has been a solid member of the lineup.

24 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Liked what I saw from him. Played well with skilled players. Big, mean and above average skating. 
Perhaps one of the better moves we could make this deadline, is off loading someone and making room for him. I think he is ready for a top 9 look. 

He looked big in that retro jersey too!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Liked what I saw from him. Played well with skilled players. Big, mean and above average skating. 
Perhaps one of the better moves we could make this deadline, is off loading someone and making room for him. I think he is ready for a top 9 look. 

This is what I want as well. Love the idea of Benning trading a couple guys out to make room for some of the youth that have been having great seasons. Get some draft picks while promoting within and seeing what we got. Mac can at the very least play in the bottom 6 on this team.

• Cheers 1

Wow, you guys are just hyping each other up so much in this thread...  

Zack looked great yesterday but had a lot of games earlier in the year where he did not look great at all.  Pittsburgh road game being probably the worst of the bunch if anyone remembers, or are we all suffering from collective selective memory loss (I should name bands)?  

I loved seeing Horvat, JT and Zack on the ice together.  I don't know if it's realistic for a line long term, but I'd love to see it again. 

9 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Wow, you guys are just hyping each other up so much in this thread...  

Zack looked great yesterday but had a lot of games earlier in the year where he did not look great at all.  Pittsburgh road game being probably the worst of the bunch if anyone remembers, or are we all suffering from collective selective memory loss (I should name bands)?  

I loved seeing Horvat, JT and Zack on the ice together.  I don't know if it's realistic for a line long term, but I'd love to see it again. 

games against teams like Nashville are a bad guage. Everybbody looked good in that one, well except for the D. Wish he played against Boston and Calgary

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Schaller, Eriksson, or Pearson.

Pearson? why Pearson? Dudes been a solid forward for us. We've won games thanks to his multi-point games and our record when he scores is like 11-2 or something.

Almost has as many points as Brock...

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Pearson? why Pearson? Dudes been a solid forward for us. We've won games thanks to his multi-point games and our record when he scores is like 11-2 or something.

Almost has as many points as Brock...

I was crazy. I’ll admit it. 

• Like 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I was crazy. I’ll admit it. 

He might not be the fastest guy or most skilled but he is definitely one of the hardest workers on the team, especially around the net. Also has a pretty decent shot, plays on the PK as well as the PP effectively and is one of the only guys who's won a cup on the team. We need that experience he and Beagle will bring to help the youngsters and the team prepare and take that next step once we're in it.

I'd insert Sutter for Pearson there. Moving forward we are only gonna need one of Beagle/Sutter and Beag's has been healthier, is better on the draw and you could argue defensively. Sutter's should be traded then we could sign a C/W with a bit more bite.

Team needs to replace a few guys with players who like to throw the body. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He might not be the fastest guy or most skilled but he is definitely one of the hardest workers on the team, especially around the net. Also has a pretty decent shot, plays on the PK as well as the PP effectively and is one of the only guys who's won a cup on the team. We need that experience he and Beagle will bring to help the youngsters and the team prepare and take that next step once we're in it.

I'd insert Sutter for Pearson there. Moving forward we are only gonna need one of Beagle/Sutter and Beag's has been healthier, is better on the draw and you could argue defensively. Sutter's should be traded then we could sign a C/W with a bit more bite.

Team needs to replace a few guys with players who like to throw the body. 

They definitely do. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

They definitely do. 

For sure. Gotta have one player willing to do the policing for us too. CGY and EDM have one in Lucic and Kassian. To let players know that he's the one they're going to have to answer to when they try $&!#.

Reaves and Martin are both upcoming FA's. Dillon and Bovocop are FA's on D. Foligno could be an acquirable trade target out of Minny. Shed the deadweight and lets acquire some balls.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, lmm said:

games against teams like Nashville are a bad guage. Everybbody looked good in that one, well except for the D. Wish he played against Boston and Calgary

Not everyone.  Here are Mr. Eriksson's stats.

image.png.494a6accdbe8a0fa9786431474ab4aa1.png

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, stawns said:

If his play dictates that.......this year he has earned his spot and has been a solid member of the lineup.

At times he's looked good, but he's also had extended stretches where he looks completely disengaged.

As much as everyone has hoped that he would really get things together, its sporadic at best.

3 hours ago, lmm said:

17 shifts on the 4th line with Beagle and Bailey, and nothing bad happened

its not so bad

what did Beagle accomplish?

Nothing worth his 3 million cap hit. 

Everyone doesn't like Eriksson because he signed a deal he can't live up to. Yes that on the GM, but Loui hasn't exactly kicked the door down and earned his spot. He seems to be content with being average and in and out of the lineup. At least look like you're trying to be better and earn your spot back. Its frustrating watching him take away a roster spot for someone more deserving like MacEwen, Baertschi, or even Goldy. 

Edited by Outsiders
  • Cheers 1

Z MAC is definitely improving his consistency this year playing away from the puck. Similar to what Goldy was working on here. They like when he has the puck, but it is the details away from the puck which is like 90% of his time on the ice that Green wants to be rock solid. Those plays matter come playoff time a lot more.