The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Can's stand Dhaliwal, but for what it's worth.....

He was WAY better when his tweets we're all like this ^^^^

Simple update of information. No editorialized spin, melodrama or hyperbole.

Be nice if this was a sign of going back to the old formula...:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

I really like the way big Zack MacEwen shows up and makes some big hits and he can fight... Besides Zack and Myers we don't have  any guys that can answer the bell, Sorry Russel  can't fight  bigger guys.. We lack toughness teams know they can run Canuck players..

Tryamkin will help and Podkolzin

MacEwen must play regular, I like what he adds to this team....Also  great contract the guy works out so hard and has come a long way..

Big Zack can play on 3rd line and should move up on top line for a few  shifts if players are running Petey or Boeser..

Edited by wildcam
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wildcam said:

I really like the way big Zack MacEwen shows up and makes some big hits and he can fight... Besides Zack and Myers we don't have  any guys that can answer the bell, Sorry Russel  can't fight  bigger guys.. We lack toughness teams know they can run Canuck players..

Tryamkin will help and Podkolzin

MacEwen must play regular, I like what he adds to this team....Also  great contract the guy works out so hard and has come a long way..

Big Zack can play on 3rd line and should move up on top line for a few  shifts if players are running Petey or Boeser..

We should just be thankful that Myers has finally started to play to his size.  Otherwise, we would only have MacEwen as a deterrent to all of those Tkachuks (and others of like temperament) in our division.  Now if only we could get Tryamkin over here before the end of the season......!

7 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

We should just be thankful that Myers has finally started to play to his size.  Otherwise, we would only have MacEwen as a deterrent to all of those Tkachuks (and others of like temperament) in our division.  Now if only we could get Tryamkin over here before the end of the season......!

Bid Mac has decent wheels for a big guy. Got some really good shots off last game. His size makes him playoff material. His TOI should be at least 10 minutes per game.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Bid Mac has decent wheels for a big guy. Got some really good shots off last game. His size makes him playoff material. His TOI should be at least 10 minutes per game.

Agreed. He was also able to stick handle out of trouble a couple times.

• Upvote 1

I have to disagree about Big Mac.  Big fan but I didn't think he has had a great start.  He has seemed a step slow to me.  His game was a bit better last game but it was his best game.  I could be wrong but that's how I have see it so far this season.  B)

I think Mac is so close to being a solid bottom 6 guy, he is fast, full of energy, good shot and surprisingly good hands.

The one thing I notice Mac needs to do better is getting the puck out of the zone at the defensive blue line. He always seems to be looking for the guy coming to hit him, rather then just chipping it out. Just a half second quicker on the decision making and he could have a long career in the NHL.

He is easily our toughest player, the only other guys who can scrap on the team are Horvat & Benn... Myers, Virt, Rous and Hamonic can hold their own but they are not intimidating at all.  

I bet him and Watson have a go tonight.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RecklessReilly said:

I think Mac is so close to being a solid bottom 6 guy, he is fast, full of energy, good shot and surprisingly good hands.

The one thing I notice Mac needs to do better is getting the puck out of the zone at the defensive blue line. He always seems to be looking for the guy coming to hit him, rather then just chipping it out. Just a half second quicker on the decision making and he could have a long career in the NHL.

He is easily our toughest player, the only other guys who can scrap on the team are Horvat & Benn... Myers, Virt, Rous and Hamonic can hold their own but they are not intimidating at all.  

I bet him and Watson have a go tonight.

Would be nice to have a player with the pugilistic skills of one punch Andrey Pedan on the roster. Still remember his KO of Jarred Tinordi while playing for the Comets in Utica. He had a very pacifying effect on the rabble-rouser's of the opposing team

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1