The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

3 hours ago, Glug Datt said:

not a flawless game but a breath of fresh air out there last night.. 

as far as I'm concerned, Schaller should be typing in zip recruiter right about now

From what I've seen this year, in the games MacEwen has played, he belongs in the NHL. He's been showing that he can move up and down the lineup and not look out of place, and brings a bit more toughness to the lineup, which we have been missing with Ferland out.

I'm not sure that Benning will make permanent moves to make room for him before summer, but I'd say that we're now in a position where we can let a couple of guys walk and be able to replace from within at a cheaper rate. Pretty sure that Schaller won't be back next season, and although I like how Leivo has played this season, I don't think that he'll be back either. I think Canucks will give younger guys a chance to fill those roles now.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

To me that showing last night for him cements him as a key member of this team.  I've always liked his game, but the energy, size and scoring ability are far superior to players like Schaller and even Motte (I'm a big Motte fan).  He's also earned his dues in the AHL.  He should be permanently part of the NHL squad.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

From what I've seen this year, in the games MacEwen has played, he belongs in the NHL. He's been showing that he can move up and down the lineup and not look out of place, and brings a bit more toughness to the lineup, which we have been missing with Ferland out.

I'm not sure that Benning will make permanent moves to make room for him before summer, but I'd say that we're now in a position where we can let a couple of guys walk and be able to replace from within at a cheaper rate. Pretty sure that Schaller won't be back next season, and although I like how Leivo has played this season, I don't think that he'll be back either. I think Canucks will give younger guys a chance to fill those roles now.

Leivo was at the 0.5 ppg rate. I expect him back if he isn't traded. He was having a breakout season. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 2:44 AM, Junkyard Dog said:

I expect him to replace Schaller next year as 13th forward. He'll get more games then. Don't see us re-signing Schaller. I could see us moving a forward or two out(Sutter/Baer) for cap reasons as well.

Right now we are jammed packed at FWD. Like who do we sit when Ferland comes back? 

Schaller, Eriksson, or Pearson.

Guys like Zack, Bailey & even Graovac(hope he gets back) add a beauty depth of size, energy & speed that's perfectly suited to the lost whistles/rigged reffing of the season's latter stages.

I really think owners & JB mapped this out(back in off-season), when they demoted names like Baer, & sleeve-aced IR's like Ferland. They're positioning a 28-30 man roster for the wars of Spring.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

To me that showing last night for him cements him as a key member of this team.  I've always liked his game, but the energy, size and scoring ability are far superior to players like Schaller and even Motte (I'm a big Motte fan).  He's also earned his dues in the AHL.  He should be permanently part of the NHL squad.

Superior to motte??? That’s a fishy statement motte has proven to be extremely effect, don’t give him a short stick to a guy who has a handful of NHL games 

• Cheers 1

Zack played a good game but let’s not ignore the couple of giveaways that he had, one of which led directly to a good scoring chance against.  

Zack gave a tap on the pads to Marky after for bailing him out. 

15 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Tanner Pearson is going to be a 20 goal scorer this year. He's on pace to shatter his career high in points in a season. He's already got 41 points in 57 games. He's definitely not sitting.

Also one of our key PK'ers.

Sorry @PhillipBlunt, your hot take is more of a wet turd :P

• Haha 1