The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

On 4/11/2020 at 10:27 AM, komodo0921 said:

Loved what I saw out of Zack this year.

He really showed consistency in all three zones and was able to take advantage, offensively, when opportunity presented itself.

I'd be very interested to see what he could do with a little more ice time. It just feels like he could be more then a 4th line winger. 

Could he line up as a center in the NHL?

Maybe the heir apparent to Beagle?

Could be an intriguing prospect.

No matter how it shakes out, I think we really have something in Macewen and can't wait to see him more whenever hockey resumes.

That could be intriguing, how are his draws though?  I think if we could have him and Motte as regular 4th liners alongside Sutter that could be a good line so they can learn the ropes (Sutter for draws, and hustle alongside Motte).  

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Zack's father passed away today. He had a stroke yesterday. RIP. 

Damn. During Demko's twitch stream 3-4 weeks ago Mac talked about him getting a surgery and hoping that he improves from there on out.

Very sad news. Craig and Jeff made the long drive down to Utica to see Zack play and had a great time here. He would occasionally comment on our Comets fans Facebook group and seemed like a genuine good guy.  Much too young to have a stroke and it's a shame he didn't get to see all of Zack's career.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 4/22/2020 at 2:45 PM, Phil_314 said:

That could be intriguing, how are his draws though?  I think if we could have him and Motte as regular 4th liners alongside Sutter that could be a good line so they can learn the ropes (Sutter for draws, and hustle alongside Motte).  

Zack is in the right place to work on his face off - second in the league with Miller, Beagle, and Horvat in the top seven and Malhotra as the face off coach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Zack is in the right place to work on his face off - second in the league with Miller, Beagle, and Horvat in the top seven and Malhotra as the face off coach. 

Not to mention head coach Green still holds the all time NHL record for most face off wins in a single game. 

On 5/5/2020 at 3:23 PM, Where's Wellwood said:

Zack's father passed away today. He had a stroke yesterday. RIP. 

All the best.  Condolences to the family. 

Farewell to 

The Big Zack Daddy.

We lost a huge Canuck fan.

A Zack fan.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Not to mention head coach Green still holds the all time NHL record for most face off wins in a single game. 

Okay, Green can prepare them each to have one great career game - I think he has other concerns and can delegate the face off coaching to a pretty competent guy.^_^

16 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

100% agree.

He's in a great position to succeed and achieve his highest ceiling.

He's surrounded by some of the best faceoff men in the business. 

Let him grow on the wing where he isn't under the pressure of a centerman and can learn and fine tune his faceoff strategies.

Slowly integrate him into the position with strategic starts in the middle.

No matter how it shakes out, space must be made for Podz.

Moving Big Mac to the middle could be a definite plus for his future here.

Ferland coming back could also add to his development.

Putting him on the left side with Beagle and Macewen until he proves he can stay healthy would seem a logical move.

Miller               Petey               Toffoli

Pearson          Horvat              Boeser

Roussel          Gaudette          Virtanen

Ferland           Beagel              Macewen

Motte

This could be a great lineup to, at least, start next season.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Miller               Petey               Toffoli

Pearson          Horvat              Boeser

Roussel          Gaudette          Virtanen

Ferland           Beagel              Macewen

Motte

This could be a great lineup to, at least, start next season.

Until Gaud gets his faceoff % up to around 50%, I still see Sutter on that line (or else never ice the puck and get sheltered o-zone starts) 

I  don't think Toffee resigns, which moves BB back up, and Jake with Bo.  Is Leivo gone in your mind? No room for Lind?

50 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Until Gaud gets his faceoff % up to around 50%, I still see Sutter on that line (or else never ice the puck and get sheltered o-zone starts) 

I  don't think Toffee resigns, which moves BB back up, and Jake with Bo.  Is Leivo gone in your mind? No room for Lind?

I think Jim Benning will make some tough hockey decisions..

Will sign Taffoli 4yrs x 4.8 -- Exciting plays 200 foot game along side Petey ....Taffoli 30-35 G -- 60-68 PTS

Will not resign Tanev 30 - Tanev is alway injured and time to move away...

Move Boeser for  top # 2 D man under 27...

Stetcher 26  RFA ??? 4 yrs  - 2,8 million ?? Think Rafferty could fill # 5 spot at $750,000 -- 13 -15 min 

Decisions will be tough but defence is weak link and I know fans think its okay? Must make trade nobody can fill a top #3 position in Utica--

No simple UFA fix so a winger will be traded, best return value is Boeser..... Has to be a top 3 D man under 27 years old...

Forward =B

Miller - Pettersson - Taffoli  ==Solid #1 line

Pearson - Horvat - Virtanen { Ferland - Leivo ]  

Ferland- Gaudette - Leivo  { Virtanen

Roussel - Sutter - MacEwen  |  Lots of different line combinations 

Beagle, Erickson  ---- Prospect - Podkolzin March 2021 -- Hoglander  - Lind - Expansion lose?)  Jasek - Lockwood - Gadjovich - Bailey 6'4, 220 lbs Gp 53 G 28 - PTS 47--great speed, decent hands..?

Defence = Ct      

1.Edler 2. Hughes 3  Trade for  solid D under 27    4.Myers  5. Rafferty 6. Fntenberg, Tryamkin ,Rathbone, Juolevi, Briesbois, Woo

Benn ? 2 million 1 year left on contract?

Goaltending B

Goal : 1. Markstrom 2. Demko 3.Dipietro 4.Kielly

Jim might trade Demko for late 1st rounder and prospect? Have to trade one of the goalies before expansion draft June 2021 ?

Edited by wildcam

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

There’s just too much dead weight higher on the depth chart, but every time MacEwan plays he shows he is exactly the type of player the Canucks need. 

That whole line is:

Lind - MacEwen - Bailey

What an energy line that would be (although Lind and Bailey played mostly with Jasek as their center)

Edited by Googlie
  • Like 1