The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Edler to be traded at the draft?

if we pick 4-7 I can see JB trading that pick and Edler (more if needed) to get NP or Hischier. Its not like they are McDavid level, teams will be willing to trade down. that way we can protect Sbisa and lose absolutely no real key part of our roster to the ED.

teams that win it all typicall has a:

#1 Goalie -Demko

2 very good centers - Horvat/NP or Hischier

Franchise Dman - Juolevi/Tryamkin

PP Dmen - Juolevi/Stecher/Hutton/Subban

Snipers - Boeser/Eriksson/Dahlen/Goldobin/Virtanen

Shutdown Dmen - Tanev/Tryamkin/Gudbranson

Tough Guys - Tryamkin/Gudbranson/Virtanen

looking towards 2020 said players should bee coming along quite nicely and the twins will also be here with us, so we will have great depth for a nice playoff run.

Sedins

Baertschi

Granlund

Sutter

Gaudette

Plenty of potential breakthrough prospects

Benning has a plan and I don't think he will let bad luck with the lottery balls get in his way this year.

6 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

if we pick 4-7 I can see JB trading that pick and Edler (more if needed) to get NP or Hischier. Its not like they are McDavid level, teams will be willing to trade down. that way we can protect Sbisa and lose absolutely no real key part of our roster to the ED.

teams that win it all typicall has a:

#1 Goalie -Demko

2 very good centers - Horvat/NP or Hischier

Franchise Dman - Juolevi/Tryamkin

PP Dmen - Juolevi/Stecher/Hutton/Subban

Snipers - Boeser/Eriksson/Dahlen/Goldobin/Virtanen

Shutdown Dmen - Tanev/Tryamkin/Gudbranson

Tough Guys - Tryamkin/Gudbranson/Virtanen

looking towards 2020 said players should bee coming along quite nicely and the twins will also be here with us, so we will have great depth for a nice playoff run.

Sedins

Baertschi

Granlund

Sutter

Gaudette

Plenty of potential breakthrough prospects

Benning has a plan and I don't think he will let bad luck with the lottery balls get in his way this year.

Really don't see teams in those upper spots of the draft wanting Edler though.

3 hours ago, Hortankin said:

it all depends on the lottery, Benning could arrange a 3 way trade to acquire it

Depends on who picks 1st and what their needs are. If its the Avs they need defence, they already have centers unless they move one of them. Offer them Tanev, Subban and our 1st. Thats only if our pick is outside the top 4

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

According to Friedman interviewing Linden, they've chewed it over and are keeping both Edler and Tanev

Who knows what happens in the summer with those Avs forwards available, Sabres looking to upgrade their backend and Arizona wanting to improve their general suckage. We'll see how this all shapes out in the summer

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

According to Friedman interviewing Linden, they've chewed it over and are keeping both Edler and Tanev

For now :P never know until that one day someone is willing to offer you more than what you would expect for a return.

But yeah, Can only make this team so young at a time.  need some vets to show Stech, Tram, Olli and co how things are done.

On 3/3/2017 at 10:47 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

For now :P never know until that one day someone is willing to offer you more than what you would expect for a return.

But yeah, Can only make this team so young at a time.  need some vets to show Stech, Tram, Olli and co how things are done.

Yep, Olli and Tanev will be DYN-o-MITE!

6 hours ago, cripplereh said:

highly doubt we trade edler at the draft if we would have traded him would have been at TDL and NOT the draft

however a D man might still get traded my bets on either Tanev , Sbisa or Hutton

Hutton is ED exempt though.  

16 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

That's what Edler is for. IMO we should've kept Hamhuis to do that as well.

If we're trading a Defenceman, Tanev is the guy we move. He's still young and with the Larsson-for-Hall deal, it looks like he has a lot of value. He probably doesn't bring back as good of a return as Larsson, because Larsson is a better player then Tanev but we could still bring back a lot. 

I'm thinking we trade Tanev to the Leafs for Rychel, Kapanen and their 2017 1st. Do you think that's a fair deal? I think Toronto would like that a lot. They're stacked with young forwards, so moving Rychel and Kapanen and bumping up a few other guys up the depth chart won't make much of a difference. 

Archived