The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | March 4th, 2017 | 7pm | Sportsnet | The Hockey Goes Hollywood Edition

Cramarossa

Just now, Alflives said:

Is Marky healthy again?

Probably still picking splinters out of his butt.

And I forgot he was injured... Awkward.

But considering there's a 0.04% chance Willy starts Bachman, ever, Miller's as good as broken down. Marky better have found the tweezers by now

8 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Probably still picking splinters out of his butt.

And I forgot he was injured... Awkward.

But considering there's a 0.04% chance Willy starts Bachman, ever, Miller's as good as broken down. Marky better have found the tweezers by now

Marky is a career 2/3 loser in the NHL. Probably time to try out one of 70 other capable NHL goalies 

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Marky is a career 2/3 loser in the NHL. Probably time to try out one of 70 other capable NHL goalies 

I think we signed Marky to a three year extension for (3 mil?) that starts next season.  He plays with us for a while.

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Sure, try Bachman. Miller is being overplayed, he's no spring chicken and that concerns me. 

I'd like Miller to stay healthy and share the workload with Marky. I can't argue that Marky's been great, but he hasn't been playing very often either.

I'm willing to give him another shot.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Really looking forward to seeing Canucks shiney new toy (Goldobin) play his first game as a Canuck.

If Willie puts the guy on the fourth line, and only plays him 8 minutes Alf will be :angry:.

Nice GDT

Hope the 2 new guys see some minutes - they both  are touted to play with some edge

But all the kings horses and all the kings men are  fighting hard for a playoff spot still

So it could be a good game

Hope the Sedins have a better game - and  what is the average length of time in between  goals  for LE

Go Canucks Go

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

ThrustyPrusty89, you are on a roll! Back-to-back awesome GDT's. Well done! You really should create them more often.

This!

Awesome again

Go Canucks Go!

See if Beary Sweet will give you the Ducks game.

22 minutes ago, JAY JAY said:

This!

Awesome again

Go Canucks Go!

See if Beary Sweet will give you the Ducks game.

Lol you flatter me. Now it's someone else's turn. My next GDT won't be until the Minny game, unless another one goes unclaimed. 

• -SN- featured this topic
3 hours ago, luckylager said:

Sure, try Bachman. Miller is being overplayed, he's no spring chicken and that concerns me. 

I'd like Miller to stay healthy and share the workload with Marky. I can't argue that Marky's been great, but he hasn't been playing very often either.

I'm willing to give him another shot.

Current goalies that are active that give you a better chance to win than Markstrom;

Luongo 
Lundquist
Fleury
Miller
Ward
Lehtonen
Rinne
Price
Quick
Anderson
Niemi 
Halak
Crawford
Rask 
Howard
Smith
Mason
Holtby
Elliot
Bobrovsky
Varlamov
Pavelec
Budaj
Bishop
Schneider 
Reimer
Anderson
Bernier
Neuvirth
Talbot

Jones
Griess 
Allen
Gustavsson
Johnson
Montoya
Mrazek 
Gibson
Lehner
Lack
Khudobin
Ranta 
C. Hutton
Kuemper
Condon
Darling
Hutchinson
Hellebucyk

murray
Vaselivski
Nilsson
Hammond
Korpisalo
Zatkoff
Dell
Saros 

Those 56 goalies have a higher career NHL win % than Markstrom. In fact here's the goalies that Markstrom is on par with or arguably better based on their ability to win games throughout their NHL careers;

Enroth
Mchelhinney
Leighton
Peters
Pickard 
Domingue 
Kinkaid
Tokarski

some may not know or may not face reality, but how long do you wait for "potential" until you give up? 30? 33? 35?

He's 27 right now.. a year out of his prime , we've seen the high end of what he can do. He's been given sheltered starts when Miller has been healthy.  

I gave up on him about a month ago after I looked at the numbers and realized there's 30 better options as starter and about 25 better options at backup. He is the best option as a backup  goalie on about 4!teams in the NHL. 4!!!!

Yet some here think he's a top NHL starter???

4 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

"Horvat picking up speed along the boards, late in this third period. He plays the puck off the boards to himself getting past Carter. Horvat circles around the net, in hot pursuit, is Doughty. Horvat centers the puck for Baertschi, who plays a quick pass to the top of the circle for Goldobin. He fakes a shot getting Muzzin to commit with a dive he skips past him and takes a high wrister. SCORES!!! Nikolay Goldobin with is first as a Canuck, bar down gives Vancouver the lead with 2:13 to play!"

Hopefully we will see some of this tomorrow! 

or jeff carter gets the hat trick to give the kings a 9-0 lead lol

Archived