The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | March 4th, 2017 | 7pm | Sportsnet | The Hockey Goes Hollywood Edition

Cramarossa

14 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Willie needs more time to assess Megna's value.  He's seen enough of  Boucher to dismiss him and sit him out.   NIneteen games to get a look at the young guys and WD doesn't want to mess with the top lines and Continues to play megna as though he is the future.  I get that Megna works hard but he priduces dick all.  WD is so obsessed over work ethic and 200' gameitis, he will sit offensive potential even  though now is the ideal time to experiment.  

WD is no visionary coach...One trick pony

I am actually surprised that Goldobin is in the game without having really practiced with the team.  

Baer-Horvat-Eriksson were together for just one game.  They need to find a spot for Eriksson - maybe that line can click.  

Just now, mll said:

I am actually surprised that Goldobin is in the game without having really practiced with the team.  

Baer-Horvat-Eriksson were together for just one game.  They need to find a spot for Eriksson - maybe that line can click.  

Shouldn't Errikson, considering his contract, be driving any line he's on?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Shouldn't Errikson, considering his contract, be driving any line he's on?  

I thought that the Baer/Bo/Eriksson line were the only line that was a real threat in the SJ game.....Coby Armstrong (what a cheesy name) called Bo a 'fridge'.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Sutter and Eriksson makes complete sense.  Why have Goldobin build chemistry with players his own age?  Willie  :picard:

God I sure hope you're right.  It makes good sense, for a rebuilding team, to have their young guys building chemistry, doesn't it?

Funny, Willie's line up is exactly the same as the one that I came up with yesterday.  Should I be worried?  :unsure:

Seriously, he wants to see what he's got with Goldie.  The book on him is that he's not so hot defensively so wouldn't you park him with players who are defensively sound?  The skill will be evident even if Sutter has a bad hand and Megna can't hit the net.  

I'm excited to see Goldobin play.  Now I have a reason to tune in.

8 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

boucher had conditioning issues so he might be on the same program as macann was last year, sit a few games in rotation for added gym time.

excited to see what cramarossa can do with more icetime, he looked big with a side of sandpaper last game

stoked for the start of the golden age

WD thought the 4th line was not physical enough last game.   The 4th line for WD is a line that has to be physical and create momentum.  Is that really the spot for Boucher?  Megna was signed by the Penguins as an energy player with speed.  They didn't see him as a scorer. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Sutter has lots of skill and Megna has speed to burn.

Sutter   GP 62   G 15   A 12   P 27

Megna  GP 44   G  4    A  3    P  7

I'm not sure that I would consider those 2 offensive guys. Sutter is more of a checker than anything.

Just now, Fantomex said:

Sutter   GP 62   G 15   A 12   P 27

Megna  GP 44   G  4    A  3    P  7

I'm not sure that I would consider those 2 offensive guys. Sutter is more of a checker than anything.

Sutter has some pretty sweet hands and I've seen him make some pretty slick moves this season.

3 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

I thought that the Baer/Bo/Eriksson line were the only line that was a real threat in the SJ game.....Coby Armstrong (what a cheesy name) called Bo a 'fridge'.

You deserve 2+'s for 2 good points there.

I'm not a fan of Armstrong's Colby, I prefer their Cheddar.....

8 minutes ago, mll said:

Maybe.  Eriksson has had all year to "click " and has failed.  

With the season decided I feel it is time to throw out the play-every-game-to-win mantra and put the kids in the best position to showcase their talents.  WD seems to still be thinking along the same old lines of start them low in the lineup and work their way up.  Players like Goldobin are thoroughbreds not plough horses.  You ruin them by having them pull a wagon.  The defense will come in time, this team needs to develop offensive talent.

Sutter and Eriksson makes complete sense.  Why have Goldobin build chemistry with players his own age?  Willie  :picard:

It hasn't really worked.  They are playing a lot of minutes for pretty limited production.  Time to see if Eriksson can work on another line.  They can't just have a 6M contract and not find a spot where he can put up points more regularly.

Archived