The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

That's where the media needs to ask better and more pointed questions.

"Megna took a penalty 200 feet from your net which seemed to provide the spark for an almost comeback. How do you explain then rewarding that player with a move up the lineup at the expense of a young guy who scored?"

WD: "he's right-handed."

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Loved Linden as a player, not much of a fan of him as a President though. 

Agreed. Linden captured my heart as a Canuck but he seems to be turning into Kevin Lowe now.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Fire the coach of a rebuilding team out of the playoffs with less than 20 games to go, who has the trust of the players and has them putting out good effort.  Not sure how that makes any sense, unless you already have his successor lined up.  It might placate the emotionally charged up and angry, but is nothing but a reactionary move.  Not going to accomplish anything of value.  Finish the season then take stock.

I think it sends a strong message to the team that they realize it is a changing of the guard. Willie will never be able to switch his go to guys now. It will take a new coach not tied to the Sedins, Edler, etc who can start featuring our younger guys,

1 hour ago, Nikita Tryamkin said:

Hey I had a soccer game I just saw highlights, did Goldy mess up or something how come he barely played??

He scored, so Willie decided to reward him by benching him.

Doesn't know our systems yet lol. I didn't know we had a system.

I really thought by seeing what our young players could do meant we'd see players other then Megna get loads of ice time and opportunity.

If the rookie version of  pavel bure showed up to this team willie would give him 5 minutes total ice time ... pavel loved to cherry pick and exit the defensive zone early. Yeah you can't win with guys like that.

44 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

As I said, that should continue down the stretch as well as into next season -- it was that way tonight.  It was Goldobin's first game -- he has only had one skate with the team, and the Canucks spent much of the time on the PK.  Will almost certainly get more icetime tomorrow, especially considering it's a back-to-back.  The team needs scoring, it's in his best interests to get him in there once he is integrated into the team.  It's not like he's a 28 year old veteran; he's only played 12 NHL games.

We need to get some grit first.

You would think he will, but I doubt it. Under 8 minutes again and knowing Willie even if we do have Boucher it will be under 8 minutes for him too with Megna around the 14-16 minute mark.

1 hour ago, canuckledraggin said:

Great job kid. Nice goal. Now sit and watch the rest of the game from the bench. You can't backcheck when you're flying in on a breakaway. Dump and change. Dump and change.

All of our rookies dump and change which must be a rule by WD

taking their offensiveness out of their game.

I wondered why they dump so quickly.

5 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

when the the guys that DO know the systems can't make a play to save thier collective lives in a steady parade to the penalty box,

that's not the time to send out the kid in his 1st game and say, "good luck, it's a $&!#eshow out there right now, don't screw up" 

I don't get how some of you don't understand this. Fans don't care about mistakes or winning. We know there is no chance this season for post season action. What we are still tuning in for is the excitement of the start of a new Canucks era with the young guns taking over. We want to see the youth. If Goldobin makes a huge mistake just tell him that and let him continue.

I think I speak for most when I say I'd much rather have mistakes being made and learning opportunities happening during meaningless games then next season when there'll be a chance we can make the playoffs. I don't care if we lose 30-0 every game I want the young guys to gain experience and learn on their own how to play the game. That doesn't happen with limited minutes and that is why fans are rightfully ticked.

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

All of our rookies dump and change which must be a rule by WD

taking their offensiveness out of their game.

I wondered why they dump so quickly.

A new suit for Willie.

IMG_3131.JPG

3 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

meh, it's 1 game...

fans need to chill

besides, is it really the worst thing ever if the kid earns his ice time and becomes an even better player for it?

It will be the "worst thing ever" if Goldy starts giving up on offensive chances in order to play Willie's "system".

18 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

If the rookie version of  pavel bure showed up to this team willie would give him 5 minutes total ice time ... 

... Willie will get the Mother of All Elbows.

Archived