The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evaluating Willie Desjardins

buddyguy

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Hockey understanding fail

seriously you need to learn the game and then it will become apparent, to you,  just how much Willie is in over his head 

i am willing to teach you but you don't seem to be able to grasp some pretty basic concepts 

Lol post of the day!! Need to circle back when I log on for my morning coffee

7 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

But i'm not a Willy hater i'm just looking at two quotes that would seem surprising  because both players are going to good teams and obviously everything is in sync with the Sharks. Read between the lines a bit...

The problem with reading between the lines is seeing what you want to see. I just see two new players talking up their new teams.

2 minutes ago, Baggins said:

The problem with reading between the lines is seeing what you want to see. I just see two new players talking up their new teams.

Fair enough, could well be myself reading too much into it. I'm just surprised that both players had a little more to say than just "yeah it's great here, and we are in the playoffs yada yada yada" 

My thought is that with both players saying something a little more than the obvious is that there might a little bit of smoke but no fire yet. Be interesting to see after the season ends if anything else comes out or if those were just two innocent comments.

11 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

I suppose it could be that, it's interesting that both had some comments though.

New teams after playing a lot of years with the Canucks for their whole NHL careers. I'd have been worried about fitting into a new room as well.

8 hours ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Why do you need a legit NHL coach when the team is rebuilding? Let the young guys grow with the coach. From what I've seen it looks like Green is really good with young players which is what we need. 

He's a very similar coach to Desjardins. There was a great post a ways back in the Comets thread on it from one of their fans. If you fire Willie for his faults, you don't replace him with Green who'll do the same thing.

On 3/13/2017 at 1:57 PM, Westcoasting said:

Yes i think if JB pulls the plug a new coach will be an experienced NHL coach

First, it's not if, it's when. That "when" will be a day or a few days after the reg season mercifully ends.

Second, it won't be JB's decision. Just as Aquilini wanted to fire AV at the end of a season (forget which one) before our '10-'11 run, only to have Gillis convince Aquilini to keep him on, the owner(s) aren't gonna sit on their hands after two dismal seasons in a row. They'll tell Linden to give him the horse's head, and then to hold the media conference -- "Willie was a great coach here, developing our young players, working with them to make our team more competitive going forward. But more importantly, he's an even better person, and we wish him luck ..." etc etc etc .

No idea who'll be given the nod, but I sure hope it ain't Gerard Gallant. If CDCers think Willie's deployment is insane, wait'll they see Gallant's personnel decisions.

We got it U don't like WD & U don't trust TL & JB... 

If U trusted JB U wouldn't worry so much about the coaching & let him handle it...

If that's true than U don't trust TL,

Which would mean U don't like this team...? :shock:

Got it amigo...

Archived