The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Ducks

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Ran out of rep, but yes THIS! What. A. Steal! Glad Willie has trusted him with playing time, his confidence must be through the roof playing with the Sedins. What a beauty. 

He earned it in camp.  He and Bo are the prototypical WD players.  They took their summer fitness regimens seriously.  They came to camp ready to compete, and they EARNED their ice time.  It took Baer longer, including a visit to the press box to finally "get it" but he obviously does now.  Look at his net-drive and complimentary play to Bo's.  We all know Tryamkin and Vertanen came to camp out of shape.  Tryamkin worked hard, dropped the weight and has earned his ice time.  Vertanen pouted, and bitched and moaned, and found himself in Utica.  This is the NHL, you get your ice time because you EARN your ice time, WD has been consistent with that from the beginning.  There has never been a secret with how you earn the coach's trust.

15 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

So now whining about the older players is the next thing.

Miller 36 made 41 saves yesterday and Bachman 29 made 43 today. Those guys were the difference in the wins.

Possibly but whining about everyone else whining never gets old.

It's only whining when someone else does it :P

21 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Really? We traded 2 core players. Do you see who we have to play?  Almost all playoff bound or pushing for the playoffs teams.

Even the Avs have more than 1 win in their last 15 games. Even the Canucks last year had more than a win and they went on a 9-game skid.

Despite having the kitchen sink thrown at Bachman in the third. I thought the Canucks played well defensively, they didn't really allow second chances or rebounds. Way better defensive game than in LA.

Just now, Jam126 said:

Despite having the kitchen sink thrown at him in the third. I thought the Canucks played well defensively, they didn't really allow second chances or rebounds. Way better defensive game than in LA.

You do know we gave up 44 shots, including 19 in the third, right?

Essentially have to play .800 hockey to make the playoffs now. But hey, two big road wins...5 game home stretch coming up.

Win 4/5 and it's likely the bubble playoff team only continues to hum around .500 hockey. We suddenly gain another 3-5 points and we're right there with 10+ games to go.

43 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

And then went on a run to the cup finals, beating the Leafs in the Finals. How sweet would that be?

If the Canucks ever made the finals vs the Leafs, and if we won, the headline would be "Leafs almost win the cup"

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think he's dead on.

Yeah It's kinda hard to be comfortable when you score in your first game and get benched for the rest of it.

Then in the second game you play him on the power play.

I would be pretty uncomfortable with rocking back and forth Willie behind the bench too.

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

Yeah It's kinda hard to be comfortable when you score in your first game and get benched for the rest of it.

Then in the second game you play him on the power play.

I would be pretty uncomfortable with rocking back and forth Willie behind the bench too.

Is there a clear message, especially to the younger guys, from Willie?

Archived