The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Ducks

-Vintage Canuck-

Hmmmm

Gets kind of quiet around here after wins lol.

Well done Willie.  

Have the team hanging around  after they no longer have any business.  

Credit where it's due. The team could have packed it in a number of times by now.

13 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Essentially have to play .800 hockey to make the playoffs now. But hey, two big road wins...5 game home stretch coming up.

Win 4/5 and it's likely the bubble playoff team only continues to hum around .500 hockey. We suddenly gain another 3-5 points and we're right there with 10+ games to go.

& catch who? St Loo?? They have SIX games left with the Avs & 'Yotes, & some other softies like Canes & Cats.

We're too far back. With a brutal sched. Like seeing the boys give their all - but it's unrealistic.

Defense can be taught. Getting in shape can be taught. Working hard every shift can be taught. BUT what can't be taught is hockey IQ and holy crap do we have a winner in Gouldobin. He was always in the right spot for a shot or a pass in the o-zone. He created a couple nice rushes from his passing and he stopped a good offensive opportunity. He's a bit tentative and needs to add some weight, but his skating and IQ man WOW I'm seriously impressed with the kid.

Because I think the Canucks have a very limited chance of getting to the playoffs, I want the Canucks to have a good chance at getting one of the top 2 picks. But in the interest of development, if they're going to win, I would like to see it be either because of the young guys or because they just dominated the other team. But when they win because a third-string goalie steals a game... oh well, maybe a few more performance like this from Bachman and we guarantee that we'll not lose Sbisa and Gaunce.

3 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Yeah It's kinda hard to be comfortable when you score in your first game and get benched for the rest of it.

Then in the second game you play him on the power play.

I would be pretty uncomfortable with rocking back and forth Willie behind the bench too.

If U were an actual NHL player U definitely wouldn't be playing on my team or The CANUCKS...

This team learned from guys like Burrows, U give 110% every shift & do what your COACH tells u to do. It's a TEAM GAME & the bottom line at the end of the day is to WIN...

Burrows was benched & almost boughten out, yet he shut his mouth & put his  TEAM 1st....

2 wins in a row with Goblin & WD quickly gaining his trust in JUST 2 games & U find something to COMPLAIN about??? Even Goblin is on a high but not U. 

Team & results before Individual Player....

4 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

Defense can be taught. Getting in shape can be taught. Working hard every shift can be taught. BUT what can't be taught is hockey IQ and holy crap do we have a winner in Gouldobin. He was always in the right spot for a shot or a pass in the o-zone. He created a couple nice rushes from his passing and he stopped a good offensive opportunity. He's a bit tentative and needs to add some weight, but his skating and IQ man WOW I'm seriously impressed with the kid.

This is also why people should not panic about Juolevi

Archived