The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | March 7th, 2017 | 7PM | Sportsnet Pacific | The French Connection Edition

Cramarossa

1 minute ago, 6string said:

I recall the days at the Pacific Coliseum, the arena was both the war room and the command center.

The place was hostile for visitors, our fans were loud n proud as both the wave and towel power started here!

My dad and I watched Greg Adams score on Potvin, from behind his net, and Linden drop the lid off the Campbell Bowl, back in '94. 

That building has great acoustics due to all the wood in the structure. Not like all the lifeless concrete sarcophagus's these days. 

They should have just reno'd that building instead of spending a gazzillion dollars building a new one. It has serious karma. 

52 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

I wouldn't call a back and forth affair that ended up being 8-6 an embarrassment unless you're referring to both teams.

You made me look though. The only real outright ass-wooping we've had this season was getting schooled by AV's Rangers way back in November, 7-2.

I would call giving up a three goal lead and promptly being scored six times in one period (five goals of which were consecutive) embarrassing. Rangers game was also a mess. 

1 hour ago, Blue_Jays_Canucks said:

Wrong jersey tho :(. That's more like when the bruins beat the canucks 

as they say.... the Devil's in the details

oh God..... now you're gonna think i'm referring to New Jersey 

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I would call giving up a three goal lead and promptly being scored six times in one period (five goals of which were consecutive) embarrassing. Rangers game was also a mess. 

Giving up a 3 goal lead means we had one in the first place. We weren't blown out or embarrassed in that game by another team. It was an egalitarian shytshow.

The Rangers game on the other hand.... 7-2.

We had our hats handed to us. Decidedly. 

My point was that we've RARELY been spanked this season and sent off with our tail between the legs. I didn't check the entire schedule, but that Rangers game was one..... and the fact that I even had to look it up proves my point. 

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

First game back all the travel and jet lag...we'll need a couple PP goals to sty close and play for the loser point.

Need to leave the time zone to experience jet lag. Plus the flight is just over 2 hours to San jose and all 3 games were in california. No excuses for these guys. I agree that powerplay needs to get going though. 

4 hours ago, darkpoet said:

Giving up a 3 goal lead means we had one in the first place. We weren't blown out or embarrassed in that game by another team. It was an egalitarian shytshow.

The Rangers game on the other hand.... 7-2.

We had our hats handed to us. Decidedly. 

My point was that we've RARELY been spanked this season and sent off with our tail between the legs. I didn't check the entire schedule, but that Rangers game was one..... and the fact that I even had to look it up proves my point. 

The real reason for that is the schedule. With the mandatory bye week, when a team gets up into a reasonable lead they sit down the stars because they have another 2 games the same week. There is nothing upside for a coach to hammer another team 

Archived