The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Victoria area restaurant recommendations

JM_

1 hour ago, Zoolander said:

Pig BBQ Joint - Craving something greasy? Get the pulled pork poutine here, add spice, and load it Pig BBQ sauce. This stuff will put yo *** in a food coma

Pig is great and I love the pulled pork poutine, but they have announced they are closing on the 26th.  So if you need your fix, get in there in the next three weeks.

http://www.timescolonist.com/business/carnivore-catastrophe-why-pig-bbq-is-closing-1.10932938

Lotus Pond.

Another fave, Da Tandoor, recently closed. Spice Jammer is authentic Indian.

Zen Sushi is good.

Wildfire is one of the best bakeries on the planet imo. Fol  Epi is the white flour, froufy and devolved V2.0.

Hook and Zambri are OK.

Overall though there's room for foodie improvement for sure.

44 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Lotus Pond.

Another fave, Da Tandoor, recently closed. Spice Jammer is authentic Indian.

Zen Sushi is good.

Wildfire is one of the best bakeries on the planet imo. Fol  Epi is the white flour, froufy and devolved V2.0.

Hook and Zambri are OK.

Overall though there's room for foodie improvement for sure.

35 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Irish times is highly over rated.

Pags is frozen in time....A few decades ago. Actually, it's regressed from the 80s.

If you want sheeshy, pretentious French food that might impress your girl, Cafe Brio.

Miss Da Tandoor so much. Their takeout special for two was amazing value, such an obscene amount of food for, like, $22.

My lady brought home a baguette from Wildfire last wknd, never tried before that, but some of the best bread I've ever tasted. Buttery soft on the inside with a crust that was a serious workout just cutting through.

Agreed on Brio, completely overrated/overpriced, and has steadily been going downhill (we go once a year when my partner's mom is in town, for some reason it's her fav.)

Another one I forgot to recommend in my previous post is J&J Wonton Noodle House, great chinese at a decent price. Never had a bad dish there. On Fort next to where Da Tandoor was.

A few of my favorites in no order.

Lunch/ Dinner
Blue Crab Seafood House
Il Terrazzo
Flying Otter
10 Acres Bistro
Nautical Nellies
Shizen Sushi
Pink Bicycle for burgers

Oregano's for pizza
Heron Rock Bistro

For Breaky/Brunch
Blue Fox
Floyds
Jam

Johns Place

Also you will need to sample some of the local beer as we have a ton of micro brews in Victoria. Garrick's Head Pub has the largest selection of beer on tap in Victoria but every restaurant/ pub serves local here now.
Hoyne is my fav - Dark Matter and Helios are awesome.
To many companies to name but a few are
Moon under water, Spinnakers, Lighthouse, Swans, Phillips, Driftwood

Enjoy the island!

5 hours ago, The Bookie said:

Miss Da Tandoor so much. Their takeout special for two was amazing value, such an obscene amount of food for, like, $22.

My lady brought home a baguette from Wildfire last wknd, never tried before that, but some of the best bread I've ever tasted. Buttery soft on the inside with a crust that was a serious workout just cutting through.

Agreed on Brio, completely overrated/overpriced, and has steadily been going downhill (we go once a year when my partner's mom is in town, for some reason it's her fav.)

Another one I forgot to recommend in my previous post is J&J Wonton Noodle House, great chinese at a decent price. Never had a bad dish there. On Fort next to where Da Tandoor was.

Haha!  Chef's special!  Ordered it a hundred times over the past few decades.  Unreal and always precisely the same.  Miss it dearly. 

Wildfire is as good as it gets.  Old school food the right way.  The olive, apricot anise and seeded rye are my favorites.  Their cakes are five star as well.

Love JJ's as well, and Sookjai (word I advice: never ask for "Thai hot" - have a Thai friend I go there with and even she can't handle it).

On 3/10/2017 at 7:25 AM, S'all Good Man said:

There's still time :P I'll be back 

Brekky - Shine and Floyd's steal the show, for a quick but deadly brekky sammich try Rise n Grind

Lunch - Shizen Sushi (Highlander Roll, doooo it!) , Zen Sushi, Sizzling Tandoor  (get the buffet, you'll nap the entire afternoon), Italian Imports, TACOFINO, Red Fish Blue Fish should be opening back up for the season,

Dinner - Il Terazzo, Ferris', La Taquisa, Pizza Primastrada, Dragon Gate (best chinese in town), My Thai Cafe (most authentic Thai flavour), 

That's all I got for now, and as others have mentioned- Irish Times and The Bard and Banker are totally overrated and overpriced.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Brekky - Shine and Floyd's steal the show, for a quick but deadly brekky sammich try Rise n Grind

Lunch - Shizen Sushi (Highlander Roll, doooo it!) , Zen Sushi, Sizzling Tandoor  (get the buffet, you'll nap the entire afternoon), Italian Imports, TACOFINO, Red Fish Blue Fish should be opening back up for the season,

Dinner - Il Terazzo, Ferris', La Taquisa, Pizza Primastrada, Dragon Gate (best chinese in town), My Thai Cafe (most authentic Thai flavour), 

That's all I got for now, and as others have mentioned- Irish Times and The Bard and Banker are totally overrated and overpriced.

Did these two - La Taquisa is in a little strip mall thing and you could easily miss it, but  man its really good. 

Archived