The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson out 1-2 weeks leg injury

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

8 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Was an intentional cheap shot imo.

Shouldn't DPS be looking at this? 

I was kind of wondering this a bit myself tbh, I thought it was late and the fact it resulted in an injury because of what looks like a knee on knee situation, definitely thought someone would look into it...

19 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I was kind of wondering this a bit myself tbh, I thought it was late and the fact it resulted in an injury because of what looks like a knee on knee situation, definitely thought someone would look into it...

Nah, DPS probably took a quick look and decided it was just a Canuck so why bother.:angry:

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Eriksson injured... YAAAA! Oh wait he was driving the tank...NOOOO

You're right. Its a mixed reaction from me too.

Loui is/was a cancer in the room at this point. He can't be a leader for the younger players. (ie.. I can't see Stetcher learning anything from him about intensity), he can't score to help the team make the playoffs, and he must be a general downer as probably team mates in the dressing room avoid eye contact and don't want to rub in that he is snake bit. Its gone past the point of joking about it. As well some of them are earning half of what he is and know they are contributing more.

He also on a lot of nights would drag down whatever line he is put on. So removing him from the equation and installing the young happy-to-play talented kid like Goldobin in his place can uplift the rest of the team. I predict we will do much better without Eriksson in the lineup. As long as the rest of the team is generally healthy.

But I still enjoy watching wins, and let the draft take care of itself. The silver lining on finishing just 9th just out of the playoffs, and then the lowest pick possible for a non playoff team in the draft is that it means our prospects must be playing better than expected. Which also bodes well for the future. So its all good.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Dammit...there goes our playoff hopes

You jest, but I thought there was some good chemistry building with Loui and Bo. Loui-Bo-Goldy/Boeser could be a hell of a line. Nice mix of defensive and offensive capability. 

4 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Loui is/was a cancer in the room at this point.

You realize this kind of statement is usually reserved for the worst kind of people in the room, like Kane when he was n Winnipeg. To call LE a "cancer" is pretty bad. Yes his offensive numbers are way down but he's been solid defensively. To call the guy a "cancer" is pretty sh!tty. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

You realize this kind of statement is usually reserved for the worst kind of people in the room, like Kane when he was n Winnipeg. To call LE a "cancer" is pretty bad. Yes his offensive numbers are way down but he's been solid defensively. To call the guy a "cancer" is pretty sh!tty. 

Agreed. He seemed fine in that regard, and defensively not an issue.

14 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Ok, I used the word "cancer" because that is the term one uses for a player who has a net negative effect on the room especially taking into account his contract and term. Its true that most "cancers" also have bad attitudes and/or some kind of off ice troubles. Maybe he's more of a flu bug.

Yes, he is good defensively generally. Although in the San Jose game two goals were partly because he couldn't get the puck over the blue line, out of the D zone. ( I missed the last game maybe he did better).  But there are a lot of great 2 way defensive players that couldn't dream of getting his kind of contract. Those types of contracts usually mean a player is not just smart defensively, but that he can also put up a few points.

You have to admit that his fellow team mates must have expected more from him this season. And what does his seemingly disinterested attitude on the ice give off?

Flu bug.

The Swedes on this team are really pooping the bed lately.  It'd be nice if they shut him down this season and hopefully he can come back next year with a rejuvenated outlook on hockey because he, like Edler, doesn't look like he is enjoying coming to the rink on a daily basis.

17 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Ok, I used the word "cancer" because that is the term one uses for a player who has a net negative effect on the room especially taking into account his contract and term. Its true that most "cancers" also have bad attitudes and/or some kind of off ice troubles. Maybe he's more of a flu bug.

Yes, he is good defensively generally. Although in the San Jose game two goals were partly because he couldn't get the puck over the blue line, out of the D zone. ( I missed the last game maybe he did better).  But there are a lot of great 2 way defensive players that couldn't dream of getting his kind of contract. Those types of contracts usually mean a player is not just smart defensively, but that he can also put up a few points.

You have to admit that his fellow team mates must have expected more from him this season. And what does his seemingly disinterested attitude on the ice give off?

Flu bug.

Several players have a hard time adjusting to a new team...$&!# LE himself has had it happen before with Boston  and rebounded for a solid 2nd season.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=72639 

44 minutes ago, kilgore said:

You have to admit that his fellow team mates must have expected more from him this season.

And what does his seemingly disinterested attitude on the ice give off?

Flu bug.

I can guarantee that Chaput didn't expect to share 27% of his 5 on 5 line time with Loui. Is Sutter the best C fit on this team for Loui? Nope.  His shooting % is also down in part due to the teams emphasis on D. Loui and the Sedins have had their best production together, and thats been for less than 1/2 the time. The rest of it Loui's been on Willie's line blender and I'm not surprised at all that his production is 1/2 of what it was last year. 

I could agree with you if Loui's production sucked with the twins or his D numbers were bad, but they're not. 

Crapping on a guy for his contract is misplaced, if you don't like it you should be complaining about Benning or Loui's agent. 

I'd wager a lot that if Loui is left to play with a partner like Bo for a year vs. Willie's bizarre line blender that his production would go way up. 

--

Not sure where you're getting "seemingly disinterested" from... you can read minds? Maybe it "seems" that way to you because thats what you want to see? I see a guy trying to make the best of some pretty stupid line combo's. 

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Just shut him down for the rest of the season. Work on his shot, get in better shape. Pair him with Dahlen and Rodin. The surprise line. 

Rodin lol. Can't remember a more injury prone Canuck in the last 15 years other than Salo.

To bank on Rdoin at his pint would be crazy dudes turning 27. Running out of time to become an NHL regular before he is back to Europe permanently like Larsen.

2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

I can guarantee that Chaput didn't expect to share 27% of his 5 on 5 line time with Loui. Is Sutter the best C fit on this team for Loui? Nope.  His shooting % is also down in part due to the teams emphasis on D. Loui and the Sedins have had their best production together, and thats been for less than 1/2 the time. The rest of it Loui's been on Willie's line blender and I'm not surprised at all that his production is 1/2 of what it was last year. 

I could agree with you if Loui's production sucked with the twins or his D numbers were bad, but they're not. 

Crapping on a guy for his contract is misplaced, if you don't like it you should be complaining about Benning or Loui's agent. 

I'd wager a lot that if Loui is left to play with a partner like Bo for a year vs. Willie's bizarre line blender that his production would go way up. 

--

Not sure where you're getting "seemingly disinterested" from... you can read minds? Maybe it "seems" that way to you because thats what you want to see? I see a guy trying to make the best of some pretty stupid line combo's. 

He was signed on an elite level contract.  That kind of player should make others in his line better, not the other way around. Does he really help the Sedin's numbers? I'd have to see actual stats there, but just giving it the old eye test I don't see it. And WD hasn't seen it much either. He played himself off the first line and it was no ones fault but his own. He keeps getting shots back up there and keeps blowing it. Hey, I feel sorry for the guy in some ways. He looks broken with a big loss of confidence. He continually flubs chances in front of the net and that just spawns into less confidence. 

I think any player's stats would improve playing with a rising star like Bo. The question is how much they would drag down Bo doing it. He doesn't have the same hustle. Its funny two people can watch the same games and come to different conclusions. Yes he looks disinterested. Its not just me saying that. But maybe that's the wrong word. It looks like he has lost his confidence and that only makes his play, especially his O play, more tentative. Its a snowball effect. But then why not contribute in other ways, make it at least look like you care. Even though it is not in his traditional game... make some big hit, run the goalie, get mad and take a boarding penalty I dont care, draw a penalty because of how you fight to the net...something to show you still care about the game.

I'm just hoping that he takes a big breath in the Summer and re-sets himself and comes back a new man and much like in Boston , has a better second year. I want him to succeed for the sake of the team.

Archived