gameburn2

Gaunce should be Protected

Rate this topic

I'd love to protect him.  That being said, who do you think we should expose to make room given we have to protect Eriksson and the twins?

• Upvote 1

Not a chance I'd protect Gaunce. I just don't see enough improvement in his skating and mobility. I'd rather have Cramarossa.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd love to protect him.  That being said, who do you think we should expose to make room given we have to protect Eriksson and the twins?

They could go to one of the twins and ask him to waive his NMC.  LV is not taking one twin at that salary, without his brother, with a year left and clearly not able to keep up anymore.  No chance.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Fateless said:

I think you're hyping Gaunce up too much.

Yes, he's looked significantly improved as of late, but he still not producing points and unless Vegas has been watching the Canucks every game, they won't take Gaunce over Sbisa (who has been quietly having an excellent season).

And if Gaunce does get taken, then that is a small price to pay during the expansion draft.

Theyd have scouts at most games, for every team I would think.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

They could go to one of the twins and ask him to waive his NMC.  LV is not taking one twin at that salary, without his brother, with a year left and clearly not able to keep up anymore.  No chance.

I like it, but I think the only way this happens is if they approach Benning.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I like it, but I think the only way this happens is if they approach Benning.

I bet the twins have some input on personnel decisions.  Not much probably, but enough they know what's going on most of the time.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

There's no guarantee we'd lose Gaunce if we were to expose him. The fact he's not putting up sexy numbers right now may actually be a blessing in disguise, as he's flying WAY under the radar as a result.

If we were to expose Bear Cheese or Granny, they'd be picked up in a second.

I think Sbisa is gone barring a move.  Not crazy about it but most teams stand to lose a good player.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I bet the twins have some input on personnel decisions.  Not much probably, but enough they know what's going on most of the time.

Doubt it given that Linden was here for the Messier debacle.  The twins are far more respectable people but I wouldn't go there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

There's no guarantee we'd lose Gaunce if we were to expose him. The fact he's not putting up sexy numbers right now may actually be a blessing in disguise, as he's flying WAY under the radar as a result.

If we were to expose Bear Cheese or Granny, they'd be picked up in a second.

With Hansen out of the mix and baer and Granlund protected It's a dman or Gaunce.  I'm betting they move a dman before the ED for another pick in the AD.  That leaves Gaunce as the easy target, imo.

Gaunce is improving, but he is very easily replaceable. Hasn't shown enough this season unfortunately, he has hands of stone, would be nice to have the 4th line chip in the odd goal or two.

• Upvote 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Doubt it given that Linden was here for the Messier debacle.  The twins are far more respectable people but I wouldn't go there.

I don't see the comparable there

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

Gaunce is improving, but he is very easily replaceable. Hasn't shown enough this season unfortunately, he has hands of stone, would be nice to have the 4th line chip in the odd goal or two.

He doesn't move well either.