The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaunce should be Protected

gameburn2

51 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Correct.

Why protect the most common commodity? 

We should be happy if vegas takes gaunce. Hes very easily replaceable. He doesnt even deserve a thread on this website but people here think we need to protect him?? I dont get it.

10 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

We should be happy if vegas takes gaunce. Hes very easily replaceable. He doesnt even deserve a thread on this website but people here think we need to protect him?? I dont get it.

Gaunce will be on our team next season.  No way Vegas doesn't take Sbisa.

On 2017-05-05 at 8:28 PM, The Aquamen said:

Don't protect Gaunce, honestly for the love of God.., on the other hand I'm excited about Jonathan Dahlen. I think he will be a 40-65 point player, as soon as this year

WHOA! It won't happen THAT quickly. Not at the NHL level. But, we'll definitely start to see his true worth once a select few roster spots open up, courtesy of the retirement of a couple of Swedish twins. If he's as good as he's projected to be, we might be looking at Daniel's replacement. All the more reason for Benning to get on the stick this summer and get a top-6 playmaker to compliment Horvat and replace/succeed Henrik. 

1 hour ago, captainhorvat said:

But, coming off shoulder surgery, I don't see them taking him over, say, Sutter, assuming they're both exposed. That said, you're absolutely correct about Gaunce being replaceable. Particularly if his ceiling is as a bottom-6 LW. As I've been asking for the last 2-3 years, is he THAT much better than Archibald for that role? I've yet to be convinced. 

22 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

But, coming off shoulder surgery, I don't see them taking him over, say, Sutter, assuming they're both exposed. That said, you're absolutely correct about Gaunce being replaceable. Particularly if his ceiling is as a bottom-6 LW. As I've been asking for the last 2-3 years, is he THAT much better than Archibald for that role? I've yet to be convinced. 

Not sure why this fanbase would want to expose sutter...i think hes been solid for us considering hes prob been asked to play more then what he should be under willie d. And i agree i dont see a difference when it comes to guys like archibald, guance, chaput and labate etc thr all similar type players. Meaning gaunce is very easily replaceable. For f@!* sake gaunce has 1 goal in 77games and this is a 1st rounder we been developing for years....i jus hope vegas takes him!

3 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Not sure why this fanbase would want to expose sutter...i think hes been solid for us considering hes prob been asked to play more then what he should be under willie d. And i agree i dont see a difference when it comes to guys like archibald, guance, chaput and labate etc thr all similar type players. Meaning gaunce is very easily replaceable. For f@!* sake gaunce has 1 goal in 77games and this is a 1st rounder we been developing for years....i jus hope vegas takes him!

Agreed about Sutter. In fact, with the kids taking over, I'd have no problem with him centering the 4th line. And, not as a demotion, either. Even with your Baertchi's and your Horvats taking over the top-6, a strong veteran presence with bottom-6 support wouldn't be the worst thing. Especially at C. 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:57 PM, Fateless said:

I think you're hyping Gaunce up too much.

Yes, he's looked significantly improved as of late, but he still not producing points and unless Vegas has been watching the Canucks every game, they won't take Gaunce over Sbisa (who has been quietly having an excellent season).

And if Gaunce does get taken, then that is a small price to pay during the expansion draft.

Shhhhhh Vegas might hear you....  I'd rather have sbisa here because of his improvement and we need our D to get better and I'd let guance go in a heartbeat if need be to keep sbisa here even if it meant trading a 2nd rounder to get him traded back...   :(  in agreement beforehand of course... 

Sbisa would be chosen over Gaunce, but if Tanev/Edler is traded (and depending what the return is), he will be protected and Alex Biega is offered up.

Due to Gaunce's injury, he may not be the bpa for LV.  Maybe they choose Megna (recently signed) or Chaput (if he's re-signed).  Maybe LV will use one of those guys to stock their AHL team and look for UFA's to fill out their NHL team.  Or, maybe they like Backman as their backup goalie.  Maybes galore!

Like the Entry Draft; anything can happen in the Expansion Draft.

Archived