The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaunce should be Protected

gameburn2

Nobody is getting traded. 

Consider:  every team is wrestling how to protect their key players.   Who is going to trade picks/prospects to us for an additional player they need to protect?  If it is Sbisa, either that team leaves him unprotected to be selected, in which case they have just lost picks/prospects for nothing, or else they protect someone as being in their top 3 when he wasn't deemed good enough to protect in a 28th ranked team.

We're going to lose Luca, get used to the idea.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Gaunce is a former first round pick and 22 yrs of age. 

Are you kidding ? Gaunce has produced at every level of hockey on his way to the NHL.

He is a great skater. Very sound defensively. He is not fully NHL developed . He is exactly the kind of player you need to hold on to for a bit to see what he will do at the NHL level. 

I say Gaunce is a keeper.

Ok you are delusional, I wish we can go 5 year's into the future so you can see. I believe you just have a boy crush on him or something. He should of been a 2nd rounder probably even 3rd. Just because you are a first rounder it doesn't mean you are going to pan out. Gillies drafted him, an 8th grader can draft better than Gillies.  That 1st Rounder means nothing. 

3 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Ok you are delusional, I wish we can go 5 year's into the future so you can see. I believe you just have a boy crush on him or something

You want to give up on a former first round pick that is 22 yrs old. 

Really.   Sounds like you are the one that is delusional. 

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You want to give up on a former first round pick that is 22 yrs old. 

Really.   Sounds like you are the one that is delusional. 

We will/have better kids to take his spot, we need SKILL, not someone who can't even buy himself a goal

14 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Consider:  every team is wrestling how to protect their key players.   Who is going to trade picks/prospects to us for an additional player they need to protect?  If it is Sbisa, either that team leaves him unprotected to be selected, in which case they have just lost picks/prospects for nothing, or else they protect someone as being in their top 3 when he wasn't deemed good enough to protect in a 28th ranked team.

Why do you think theyd expose Sbisa in his prime over Edler?

47 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I disagree. Teams that are in danger of losing a good player to LV will be looking to pick up a replacement prior to the expansion draft when prices will be lowest. Remeber, LV can only take one player from each team. So let's say team A and team B had what would be considered the best 2 players available for the expansion draft. Both teams were definitely going to lose their respective player. What's stopping team A and team B from working out a deal with eachother for one of those players? Both teams stand to lose their respective players for nothing, but if they work out a trade, each team will be left with something, whether that be a draft pick or a replacement for the player they were set to lose. It makes too much sense, rather than both teams losing their players for nothing. So we should expect a lot of activity.

47 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

We will/have better kids to take his spot, we need SKILL, not someone who can't even buy himself a goal

Gaunce will be a late bloomer. I am still very confident that he will be a great 3rd line player for a number of years. He won't put up a ton of points but he should be a very well rounded, very serviceable player for the next 10 years. 

7 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I disagree. Teams that are in danger of losing a good player to LV will be looking to pick up a replacement prior to the expansion draft when prices will be lowest. Remeber, LV can only take one player from each team. So let's say team A and team B had what would be considered the best 2 players available for the expansion draft. Both teams were definitely going to lose their respective player. What's stopping team A and team B from working out a deal with eachother for one of those players? Both teams stand to lose their respective players for nothing, but if they work out a trade, each team will be left with something, whether that be a draft pick or a replacement for the player they were set to lose. It makes too much sense, rather than both teams losing their players for nothing. So we should expect a lot of activity.

I think you'll see some deals with Vegas too. I'm wondering if Benning picked up Boucher and Crammer in part to have some cheap assets to offer up to Vegas, either them directly or to fill in for someone else on our roster. 

E.g., Benning may prefer to have Vegas pick Sbisa, and could ensure that happens by throwing in Crammer, who would be a nice fit for an expansion club. Costs us nothing from an asset pov to throw in a waiver pick up that looks decent. 

10 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Gaunce will be a late bloomer. I am still very confident that he will be a great 3rd line player for a number of years. He won't put up a ton of points but he should be a very well rounded, very serviceable player for the next 10 years. 

I really hope that he will, but I don't want him as a Vancouver project, I just don't think he will pan out, man just don't see it lol come on guys ..we don't need 3rd line players just to be grinders, I want skill all through 4 lines.

2 hours ago, the harry said:

This looks right.

But then there will be a lot, I mean A LOT of speculation. Is this really better?

Yes, because media and the fans can say whatever they want as much as they want but at the end of the day it's speculation, not the truth. 

2 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

I really hope that he will, but I don't want him as a Vancouver project, I just don't think he will pan out, man just don't see it lol come on guys ..

I didn't really either in all honesty, until last night. He got ran kind of dirty and it seemed to fire him up. I think if he could play with that chip on his shoulder all the time he'll be good. 

But in the past 25 years I've seen enough of our first rounders flop or disappoint that I know it's not out of the realm of possibility that guys don't pan out and I'm sure the fans of 30-47 years have seen even more.

2 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I didn't really either in all honesty, until last night. He got ran kind of dirty and it seemed to fire him up. I think if he could play with that chip on his shoulder all the time he'll be good. 

But in the past 25 years I've seen enough of our first rounders flop or disappoint that I know it's not out of the realm of possibility that guys don't pan out and I'm sure the fans of 30-47 years have seen even more.

Amen broski, cheers. Have a Miller Draft on me

17 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Gaunce should have a better career than Hansen i would think...

And i am a fan of Hansen.....

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Gaunce should have a better career than Hansen i would think...

And i am a fan of Hansen.....

Ok I'm not trying to attack you or abything you're my fellow Canucks fan. But honestly Hansen is so much more versatile and skilled and better skating and, my goodness 

Archived