The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bachman on Horvat (NHL.com article)

Laheys Liquor

"Bo's a one-of-a-kind guy," Bachman said. "And I've had the pleasure to play with some really good young players when I was in Edmonton. When I was in Dallas, we had Jamie Benn coming up. But Bo … it's almost like he's a 10-year vet. He just goes about his business, shows up every night. When the team needs a big shift, he gives it to you.

"When you're off the ice and someone new steps in the locker room, he's one of the first guys to welcome that player. The way he carries himself. It's pretty amazing for how young he is. You forget sometimes that he's still just a kid, learning the game. It's fun to see him doing so well."

https://www.nhl.com/news/bo-horvat-becoming-a-star-with-canucks/c-287425490?tid=284437936

Thought this was a pretty cool insight from Bachman, as he has played around a lot of young talent in Dallas and Edmonton. Bo's got character!

I feel confident that Bo will be a star in this league for years to come. 

....And lead us to our first Stanley :towel:

Bo became my favourite player after they got rid of Kass my favourite players will always be a Vancouver Canuck but that being said I'm very proud we have such a respectable young man to take over leadership of our beloved Canucks. 

Ps. Thank you Mrs and Mr Horvat for doing such a wonderful job on this young man we are very lucky we all can learn from him.

Just now, hearditall said:

Worried??? Is it coming from your pocket???  He's worth Gold to this Team... 

Lock him up 10 years $50-mill.... 

Worried meaning we'll have less money for other players.  Plus you seriously think he's only worth 5 mil a season? I'd put him nearer to 6 or 7 realistically. (and longest contract length is 8 years)

1 minute ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Yeah he's pretty damn good. 

I'm worried though.....if Loui costs 6 mil per season, Horvat should technically be worth around 14 mil lol.  He is gonna get PAID this summer.

This is why I've proposed"The Switch".

Every yr, in Jan, teams should get the option of switching two players contracts, based on performance. If player A is head & shoulders above player B, they should also be able to claim their gf, or somethin? So in this case, Bo gets Louie's 6 mill, & he feels shame, reduced to ELC crumbs.

Good, healthy in-house competition...

5 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Worried meaning we'll have less money for other players.  Plus you seriously think he's only worth 5 mil a season? I'd put him nearer to 6 or 7 realistically. (and longest contract length is 8 years)

No more Sedins = $14 mill.  No more Miller means $6 mill.  Just got rid off $6.5 mill on Burrows & Hansen. = 26.5 mill.... Lots of Cap especially for your #1 Center/ Captain... Peanuts to tell u the truth... 

Ok 8 years $6 mill....:wacko:  I'd start at $5 but willing to go to 6 long term only for MR. BO.....

26 minutes ago, Quinn12 said:

Good ol' London Ontario boy,

Don Cherry needs to do a real deep look into Horvat.

honestly ...i just laughed my ass off watching this ..   thank you  so much ..   I woke up my two kids because i was howling !!!  awesome !!!

25 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Bo became my favourite player after they got rid of Kass my favourite players will always be a Vancouver Canuck but that being said I'm very proud we have such a respectable young man to take over leadership of our beloved Canucks. 

Ps. Thank you Mrs and Mr Horvat for doing such a wonderful job on this young man we are very lucky we all can learn from him.

Hard to think of two players with less in common than Horvat and Kassian.

Cue Horvat crashing into a lamp post with two call girls and a kilo of Tony Montana's finest.

21 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Give this kid a permanent A this year and then the C next year

Agreed as I think the letter matches well with Bo's smile, compete level, character and determination. I'm confident enough he's going to be a great leader for the Canucks for years to come. Go Bo Go!!

17103686_10155026075597145_3130205427750

Bo's the real deal. In a month he'll be 22. I have ties that are 22. But while the age thing is nice, its the character piece that is so great whether he's 22 or 32, or 42 for that matter.

Earlier this year Henrik Sedin challenged one of the kids to step up, and its happened. You have to think kids like Goldy and Dahlen are going to see Bo's work ethic and be motivated. 

It's the intangibles like his work ethic, focus and character that make him priceless. Yeah, others drafted ahead of him in his draft class may have more "star" power, but with everything he brings to the table he's  much more valuable IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Steve23 said:

It's the intangibles like his work ethic, focus and character that make him priceless. Yeah, others drafted ahead of him in his draft class may have more "star" power, but with everything he brings to the table he's him much more valuable IMO. 

If Bo had been drafted by Toronto he'd be considered the star of the group. 

49 minutes ago, Hectic said:

People seem to forget that this was a Gillis trade/pick - if it wasn't for that deal I wonder where we would be right now

I've never met anyone nor seen anywhere in these forums where people have forgotten that we got Bo because of Gillis.

Archived