The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bachman on Horvat (NHL.com article)

Laheys Liquor

11 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

This is why I've proposed"The Switch".

Every yr, in Jan, teams should get the option of switching two players contracts, based on performance. If player A is head & shoulders above player B, they should also be able to claim their gf, or somethin? So in this case, Bo gets Louie's 6 mill, & he feels shame, reduced to ELC crumbs.

Good, healthy in-house competition...

does Bo want Loui's girlfriend though?

11 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

This is why I've proposed"The Switch".

Every yr, in Jan, teams should get the option of switching two players contracts, based on performance. If player A is head & shoulders above player B, they should also be able to claim their gf, or somethin? So in this case, Bo gets Louie's 6 mill, & he feels shame, reduced to ELC crumbs.

Good, healthy in-house competition...

edit

hmm I was being smug Certainly not worth a DP

I've had the pleasure of meeting Bo in person on several occasions. He's always the first to walk over to fans and sign things/take pictures with them. He also loves talking about other sports such as Baseball and Football. Nothing but admiration for the kid.

Bo is an exceptional human being first and foremost. That's why I love the kid. The talent and drive he possesses as a hockey player are just icing on the cake. As I've said in other threads, he has all the tools to be a dominant force in the NHL for a long time. The best part of this situation is that when young players come into that locker room, they not only see the Sedin's as fantastic professionals, but they see someone their own age acting like a grizzled veteran. That in itself is worth a big contract. He will hold others accountable just by his mere presence. I look forward to seeing the C on his chest for the next decade. Pass the torch, Henrik.

1 hour ago, lmm said:

Nope. Bo has a wonderful little lady. Smart, athletic and very pretty. Good character guy found a good character girl. She had a wonderful interview on 1040 the other day talking about the Canucks For Kids Fund.

14 hours ago, Hectic said:

People seem to forget that this was a Gillis trade/pick - if it wasn't for that deal I wonder where we would be right now

I haven't forgot.  It was the nicest parting gift he could have got this team after completely botching the goalie situation for years and trading away all our first round picks for plug rentals.

2 hours ago, Fantomex said:

Bo is an exceptional human being first and foremost. That's why I love the kid. The talent and drive he possesses as a hockey player are just icing on the cake. As I've said in other threads, he has all the tools to be a dominant force in the NHL for a long time. The best part of this situation is that when young players come into that locker room, they not only see the Sedin's as fantastic professionals, but they see someone their own age acting like a grizzled veteran. That in itself is worth a big contract. He will hold others accountable just by his mere presence. I look forward to seeing the C on his chest for the next decade. Pass the torch, Henrik.

Solid as Bo's grin.

6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Iceland?

Hey Iceland is an amazing place, and if you guys have a chance to go to Iceland I suggest you do.

In fact when I went to Iceland I think like more than half of the tourists were Canadians.

Oh true story I was in Iceland last year, I saw a guy with a Coyotes Cap and I ask him if he was a fan. He said the Coyotes logo was borrowed from Arizona for an Ontario based team and he was a leafs fans. 

So then he ask me

Him:  "Are you a Coyotes fan"

Me: "You mean Arizona? Nope I am a Canucks fans"

Him: "Oh .... I'm sorry to hear that"

Lol :lol: 

21 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Question though if Vancouver does get luck in the draft lottery and get either Nolan Patrick or Nico Hischier. Does this change the conversation of Bo Horvat ever getting the "C"? 

im not a believer in the most talented wearing the "c". So to answer your question. No. Bo has demonstrated the qualities of a leader. He is young but has experience now. He has stepped up when we needed someone to and has lead our team in points this year. He leads by example. His work ethic is top notch. And from what we hear is that he conducts himself like a vet off the ice. This is the type of player you want to guild your team around. 

22 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yeah but he also spent a 1st to get Gaunce, a 2nd for Mallet. He did draft Hutton. Rodin, we don't know as of his knee injury. 

We also gave up a pretty good netminder to get Bo. And the team is still paying for Luongo's contract. How did that 2010 draft turn out? 

I'll give credit he made a good pick in Bo. But there's a reason he's no longer working in the NHL. 

The player agent turned nhl gm Gillis was a long shot to be a good gm. But a good puppet for the aquilinis. Gillis raised the prices on his hockey clients on GMs for years. Other GMs didn't seem to want to play ball with him. Agent turned GM scheme was unsuccessful. 

8 hours ago, crazycanucklyhead said:

The player agent turned nhl gm Gillis was a long shot to be a good gm. But a good puppet for the aquilinis. Gillis raised the prices on his hockey clients on GMs for years. Other GMs didn't seem to want to play ball with him. Agent turned GM scheme was unsuccessful. 

That's right. And as a lawyer that he is, Gillis also tried to play to the rules' limits. Thanks to him, the Luongo Rule was implemented. He pissed of the entire league with his red, sweating arrogance. He got the boot.

Archived