Laheys Liquor

Bachman on Horvat (NHL.com article)

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Yeah he's pretty damn good. 

I'm worried though.....if Loui costs 6 mil per season, Horvat should technically be worth around 14 mil lol.  He is gonna get PAID this summer.

Edited by Adarsh Sant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bo became my favourite player after they got rid of Kass my favourite players will always be a Vancouver Canuck but that being said I'm very proud we have such a respectable young man to take over leadership of our beloved Canucks. 

Ps. Thank you Mrs and Mr Horvat for doing such a wonderful job on this young man we are very lucky we all can learn from him.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

I'm worried though

Worried??? Is it coming from your pocket???  He's worth Gold to this Team... 

Lock him up 10 years $50-mill.... 

Steal....

Edited by hearditall
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hearditall said:

Worried??? Is it coming from your pocket???  He's worth Gold to this Team... 

Lock him up 10 years $50-mill.... 

Worried meaning we'll have less money for other players.  Plus you seriously think he's only worth 5 mil a season? I'd put him nearer to 6 or 7 realistically. (and longest contract length is 8 years)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Yeah he's pretty damn good. 

I'm worried though.....if Loui costs 6 mil per season, Horvat should technically be worth around 14 mil lol.  He is gonna get PAID this summer.

This is why I've proposed"The Switch".

 

Every yr, in Jan, teams should get the option of switching two players contracts, based on performance. If player A is head & shoulders above player B, they should also be able to claim their gf, or somethin? So in this case, Bo gets Louie's 6 mill, & he feels shame, reduced to ELC crumbs.

 

Good, healthy in-house competition...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Worried meaning we'll have less money for other players.  Plus you seriously think he's only worth 5 mil a season? I'd put him nearer to 6 or 7 realistically. (and longest contract length is 8 years)

No more Sedins = $14 mill.  No more Miller means $6 mill.  Just got rid off $6.5 mill on Burrows & Hansen. = 26.5 mill.... Lots of Cap especially for your #1 Center/ Captain... Peanuts to tell u the truth... 

Ok 8 years $6 mill....:wacko:  I'd start at $5 but willing to go to 6 long term only for MR. BO.....

Edited by hearditall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Quinn12 said:

Good ol' London Ontario boy,

Don Cherry needs to do a real deep look into Horvat.
 

 

honestly ...i just laughed my ass off watching this ..   thank you  so much ..   I woke up my two kids because i was howling !!!  awesome !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Bo became my favourite player after they got rid of Kass my favourite players will always be a Vancouver Canuck but that being said I'm very proud we have such a respectable young man to take over leadership of our beloved Canucks. 

Ps. Thank you Mrs and Mr Horvat for doing such a wonderful job on this young man we are very lucky we all can learn from him.

Hard to think of two players with less in common than Horvat and Kassian.

 

Cue Horvat crashing into a lamp post with two call girls and a kilo of Tony Montana's finest.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Give this kid a permanent A this year and then the C next year

Agreed as I think the letter matches well with Bo's smile, compete level, character and determination. I'm confident enough he's going to be a great leader for the Canucks for years to come. Go Bo Go!!

 

17103686_10155026075597145_3130205427750

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bo's the real deal. In a month he'll be 22. I have ties that are 22. But while the age thing is nice, its the character piece that is so great whether he's 22 or 32, or 42 for that matter.

 

Earlier this year Henrik Sedin challenged one of the kids to step up, and its happened. You have to think kids like Goldy and Dahlen are going to see Bo's work ethic and be motivated. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the intangibles like his work ethic, focus and character that make him priceless. Yeah, others drafted ahead of him in his draft class may have more "star" power, but with everything he brings to the table he's  much more valuable IMO. 

Edited by Steve23
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Steve23 said:

It's the intangibles like his work ethic, focus and character that make him priceless. Yeah, others drafted ahead of him in his draft class may have more "star" power, but with everything he brings to the table he's him much more valuable IMO. 

 

If Bo had been drafted by Toronto he'd be considered the star of the group. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Hectic said:

People seem to forget that this was a Gillis trade/pick - if it wasn't for that deal I wonder where we would be right now

I've never met anyone nor seen anywhere in these forums where people have forgotten that we got Bo because of Gillis.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.