AlwaysACanuckFan

Jim Benning on Team 1040 March 9

Rate this topic

Good stuff on Jake, sounds like he's happy with the way thats been going so thats good news. Using his speed and going to the net. If he does that up here we'll have a good player. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

Those questions are pretty big foundation questions.

Its also what the fans want to know so team 1040 is doing their job.

Some of the questions, such as Horvat, Sedins, Miller, and Boeser are questions that need asking.

However, plenty of the hacks on 1040 ask the same questions (rebuild/Willie) every time like a broken record. It's poor sensationalistic rumor mongering and pot stirring. 

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the chuckleheads on 1040 have accounts here, and scour threads to generate questions, purely to cast a wide net fro listeners.  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Glad Benning answered the ridonkulous question this way. I expect them to have Willie back next year, and expect them to trade Megna in the offseason.

So if they can WD in the off season then what will your view be like? 

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Glad Benning answered the ridonkulous question this way. I expect them to have Willie back next year, and expect them to trade Megna in the offseason.

Isn't Megna a FA in the offseason?

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Miller would be great to have as a bridge to the future, but not for $6M AAV.

For 1 season it wouldn't be the end of the world as long as it doesn't effect extending Bo, Tryamkin and Guddy. With ~18 mil in cap space, figuring 5-6 for Bo, 4-5 for Guddy, and maybe 2-3 for Nik it makes space pretty tight with all the other small contracts like Gaunce to sign too. I imagine Goldy has made Rodin a one-off so there's some space there too. 

Nothing terribly new or unexpected, but that's fine. They're staying the course as they've mentioned more times than they've probably needed to to the media.

Edited by Coconuts

4 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

So if they can WD in the off season then what will your view be like? 

That it was their decision, and they felt that the team needed a different head coach.

I expect Willie to be brought back next year, as he is signed until next year. The coaching turnstile never looks good , especially when a team is committing to a youth movement.

That being said, the onus is one WD to focus more on the kids for the remainder of the season to prove that he is a coach that will be able to guide a young roster to contention.

5 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Honestly....I have no clue. If he is, I hope some team takes a flyer on him, just not the Canucks.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Honestly....this is a double post.

Edited by PhillipBlunt

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

For 1 season it wouldn't be the end of the world as long as it doesn't effect extending Bo, Tryamkin and Guddy. With ~18 mil in cap space, figuring 5-6 for Bo, 4-5 for Guddy, and maybe 2-3 for Nik it makes space pretty tight with all the other small contracts like Gaunce to sign too. I imagine Goldy has made Rodin a one-off so there's some space there too. 

Agreed. Miller should be looked at as a short term gap filler. Still a great goalie, but should be utilized in a support capacity going forward, with that idea made very clear to whomever is coaching the team next season.

A lot of people are dumping on Markstrom, but if a younger goalie isn't being given a run of games to build confidence, rhythm, and chemistry with teammates (especially defensemen) who are they supposed to develop consistency.

For better or worse, the crease needs to be handed to Markstrom, with Miller as a backup.

• Upvote 2