The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Watters : "I don't think that Trevor Linden has done a good job at all"

Honky Cat

12 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Who?

Almost 12000 posts on a hockey forum and you don't know who Bill Watters is? Maybe you're being sarcastic.  

Can't disagree with him. The stated goal was to make the playoffs and he's failed miserably in 2 straight seasons.

TL also hired a rookie GM and a rookie coach while he him self is a rookie President. Lots of learning on the job for all three of them...

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Almost 12000 posts on a hockey forum and you don't know who Bill Watters is? 

Can't disagree with him. The stated goal was to make the playoffs and he's failed miserably in 2 straight seasons.

TL also hired a rookie GM and rookie coach while he him self is a rookie President. Lots of learning on the job for all three of them...

That's the goal every season.  If that were the standard of performance, the Oilers should have turned their management over more than they have.  The standard for this team is rather their overall stated goal -- to get younger, faster, and more skilled, and they are arguably on the path to achieving that.

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Almost 12000 posts on a hockey forum and you don't know who Bill Watters is? Maybe you're being sarcastic.  

TL also hired a rookie GM and a rookie coach while he him self is a rookie President. Lots of learning on the job for all three of them...

Honestly not trying to be a smart ass. Never heard of this guy in my life. Maybe he's more popular out west.

7 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Honestly not trying to be a smart ass. Never heard of this guy in my life. Maybe he's more popular out west.

Actually he's more popular out east.

Former president of the Toronto Argos Former Assistant GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs.  

I wasn't going to dignify this with a response. But fun it.

This dude is an old washed up 73 year old chicken. Got drafted 2nd overall in the CFL but never played... He was an Assistant General Manager of the TMLs when they were brutal. You can thank him for all those years the Leafs sucked worse than a leech sucking your blood out. You guys shouldn't even bother with it. He's not worth the time. 

The Canucks are in a cycle of rebuilding the team after reaching a peak during the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals.  I don't know if the Canucks have reached the trough of their cycle but it seems to be getting there.  It's not Linden's fault for the team's struggles. It's a combination of players and management.

Watters is an venerable, bordering on dementia, shock media personality. He did great job when he was affiliated with the Leafs. *falls on floor laughing*  Please for the love of god, let's not care what this man says. He's buddies with Pratt, that should say it all.

20 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

It should be obvious.  Stating anything otherwise sends the wrong message to your players, especially veterans like the Sedins, and new players you want to develop with the right attitude.  

6 minutes ago, exhile said:

The Canucks are in a cycle of rebuilding the team after reaching a peak during the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals.  I don't know if the Canucks have reached the trough of their cycle but it seems to be getting there.  It's not Linden's fault for the team's struggles. It's a combination of players and management.

And add the nature of sports to that as well.  People seem to think winning, and getting/developing the players you need to beat other teams in a competitive league is realy easy when your sitting on the couch eating potato chips

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

And add the nature of sports to that as well.  People seem to think winning, and getting/developing the players you need to beat other teams in a competitive league is realy easy when your sitting on the couch eating potato chips

stop stalking me and looking my windows

to see what i'm doing :o:o

Archived