The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Watters : "I don't think that Trevor Linden has done a good job at all"

Honky Cat

20 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

He's most certainly qualified to comment on the Canucks and the NHL. 

You may not agree with his assessment which is your choice.  But he's qualified. 

he is not in my view

he is simply a talking head now

he was with the leafs when they had no clue how to manage a rebuild

his views on linden's efforts show his short sightedness about the canuck team

he should just keep blabbing to the toronto crowd

he is just a noise maker to me

41 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

His management group was actually trying to make the playoffs. They signed LE to a huge UFA deal in the summer to help reach that goal. They only traded Hansen and Burr now because finally it became obvious to them what the whole hockey world already knew. 

They completely misjudged the capabilities of the team they built by a country mile. Bottom 3 finish 2 years in a row is not a very good job by any measurement. Watters is right.  

It would be different if they had recognised this team was going nowhere and acknowledged it a couple of years ago and started the rebuild earlier. 

He fired Torts and Sullivan primarily for this reason. Another attempt at taking a defibrillator to the aging core, by giving them a veteran friendly coach with Medicine Hat ties. 

Torts was the only guy calling the core stale THREE YEARS AGO! #TORTSKNEW

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Almost 12000 posts on a hockey forum and you don't know who Bill Watters is? Maybe you're being sarcastic.  

Can't disagree with him. The stated goal was to make the playoffs and he's failed miserably in 2 straight seasons.

TL also hired a rookie GM and a rookie coach while he him self is a rookie President. Lots of learning on the job for all three of them...

Before the season even begins, are they supposed to say, "We don't want to make the playoffs"? What does that tell your players? Players wouldn't want to sign or even be here if that were the case. 

All anyone has to do is look at our prospect pool, the day before Linden and Benning were hired, and look at it today, 2.5 years later.

We went from bottom 5 for prospect pools in the league, to top 10. (Probably top 5 after this year's draft) all we have left to do is develop these young talents, and hope atleast half of them become contributing members of the team,  while we are still signing and drafting young players, they have done a damn fine job in a short period of time if you ask me.

That right there proves Linden and Benning have a plan, and are doing a great job. I'm tired of these mouth breathers like Bill ****ing Watters who know sweet **** all, but spout their mindless drivel on the air.  Can't believe morons like him and Dave Pratt even have careers in this field. It's just sad.

I think they do have a point that Linden was hired at the wrong time. He would have done wonders as President during the peak of the Gillis regime from 2008-2011 at managing the negative media bias and storylines. Gillis basically just let them run wild and cause a distraction during our cup run.

4 players remain from the 2013-14 team.  Change is what the fans, not Watters, wanted.

No team other than his beloved LAUGHS publicly tank from day 1.

Of course Linden says, at the start of a season, that the goal is to make the playoffs.

Only losers have a stated goal of losing.  See a pattern, Watters?

5 minutes ago, combover said:

Que the media "hates us" excuse. 

Not just some but apperantly every and all media outlets, no way they might be right they all just hate the thats Canucks that makes way more sense.......lol..

trevor has been Trevor loyal to a fault.

So one media guy says he doesn't think Linden has done a good job at all, and that means every media outlet has said that? What planet are you from? Nevermind, don't answer. I don't need to see the drivel you're going to post.

31 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

Before the season even begins, are they supposed to say, "We don't want to make the playoffs"? What does that tell your players? Players wouldn't want to sign or even be here if that were the case. 

The point is they signed LE thinking they really would make the play offs. We know what they will tell the fans, that normal BS talk, but JB and Trever really thought they had a playoff team here...  Thats the fail. 

12 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

All anyone has to do is look at our prospect pool, the day before Linden and Benning were hired, and look at it today, 2.5 years later.

We went from bottom 5 for prospect pools in the league, to top 10. (Probably top 5 after this year's draft) all we have left to do is develop these young talents, and hope atleast half of them become contributing members of the team,  while we are still signing and drafting young players, they have done a damn fine job in a short period of time if you ask me.

That right there proves Linden and Benning have a plan, and are doing a great job. I'm tired of these mouth breathers like Bill ****ing Watters who know sweet **** all, but spout their mindless drivel on the air.  Can't believe morons like him and Dave Pratt even have careers in this field. It's just sad.

Really.... so you think any other GM or Manager that may have came here wouldn't have drafted or signed anyone? lol

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

This fool had to cough up $30,000 because of previous crappy things he said about Linden and someone else a few years ago. Toronto troll, nothing to see here. 

Slander without proof, nothing new with you.

10 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

So one media guy says he doesn't think Linden has done a good job at all, and that means every media outlet has said that? What planet are you from? Nevermind, don't answer. I don't need to see the drivel you're going to post.

Everytime the media says anything negative about anything Canucks the media hates us that's why they write this is the argument  used more often than not. Clearly your one of those. Fans on here take thing more personal than the person the story is about. 

30 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

The point is they signed LE thinking they really would make the play offs. We know what they will tell the fans, that normal BS talk, but JB and Trever really thought they had a playoff team here...  Thats the fail. 

I bet you are a tanker... its only the tankers that get pissed that we didn't make the playoffs.

Archived