The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Watters : "I don't think that Trevor Linden has done a good job at all"

Honky Cat

3 minutes ago, combover said:

Everytime the media says anything negative about anything Canucks the media hates us that's why they write this is the argument  used more often than not. Clearly your one of those. Fans on here take thing more personal than the person the story is about. 

Wrong again. I'm just tired of fools posting tripe. I'm tired of people thinking everything is so black and white. I've stated several times that Linden and Co. have made mistakes and they're not infallible, but posters, such as yourself, seem to think that if the talking heads say something it must be true! They're all just throwing $#!7 against the wall, and the masses soak it up. They wouldn't have jobs if they didn't create controversy. Do you forget that there are now 30 other teams looking to get a leg up? Do you realise that every GM makes mistakes ALL THE TIME? Apparently, only Jim and Trevor make mistakes. Business, in general, is a fluid. Pro sports are even more so. So many things have to go right for a team to be successful. Trevor inherited a mess and yes he has made mistakes, but for Watters, with his resume, to say he doesn't think Trevor has done a good job AT ALL is just verbal sewage. 

Back to your original post, you lump everything together (like you did to me) without actually taking an objective standpoint. Your sig proves that. So why don't you go jump on another bandwagon or head over to HF. Your constant negative content would fit nicely over there. Peace. 

34 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Really.... so you think any other GM or Manager that may have came here wouldn't have drafted or signed anyone? lol

Would they have signed Stetcher, drafted Tryamkin or Gaudette in the later rounds? Would they have scored Bear and Granlund for 2nd round picks.....   This management team has done rather well in spotting and getting talent. Better than many others would have...

Nobody  more critical of the current regime than I have, but I've followed this team closely through it's ups and downs for a long time, I've also had the opportunist to interact with Trev to a small degree, and thought he was just as good of a dude as I thought he was when I was a kid.

So regardless of all else Trev was and is one of my heroes and if your going to talk S^%t you better be credible 

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Would they have signed Stetcher, drafted Tryamkin or Gaudette in the later rounds? Would they have scored Bear and Granlund for 2nd round picks.....   This management team has done rather well in spotting and getting talent. Better than many others would have...

Now how do you know this management has done better than any other management would have done? do you have a crystal ball?  LOL

40 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Really.... so you think any other GM or Manager that may have came here wouldn't have drafted or signed anyone? lol

Have you been following this franchise for the last 50 years?  Never have the Canucks had such a deep prospect pool. Linden and Benning came in with the goal to get younger and to build through the draft and through signing free agent prospects.  They have done just that.

Sure you can sit there, and scoff saying anyone would have done the same thing that Linden and Benning have done, but looking at the history of this franchise with prospects, it really isn't the case.  Thanks for coming out tho!

3 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Now how do you know this management has done better than any other management would have done? do you have a crystal ball?  LOL

No...but I can look at results and see a trend of solid scouting, trading and drafting that has revamped our talent pool quite well. Better than I've seen from several current management teams. But keep on being a negative cry baby...that will work well for you in life. 

If we had hired Naslund instead and we had the exact same effect on the team and did just as poorly, people would be much more openly criticizing him. 

Trevor hasn't done a good job and no one rags on him because of what he did during his playing years and in large part due to being the good Canadian kid character. 

Trev should have been an assistant gm or something first... Even Steve y didn't just jump to president... 

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Have you been following this franchise for the last 50 years?  Never have the Canucks had such a deep prospect pool. Linden and Benning came in with the goal to get younger and to build through the draft and through signing free agent prospects.  They have done just that.

Sure you can sit there, and scoff saying anyone would have done the same thing that Linden and Benning have done, but looking at the history of this franchise with prospects, it really isn't the case.  Thanks for coming out tho!

You're so ridicules it makes me laugh, how can you quote the teams history as being the same as a management group that you don't know. No one on earth knows what a difference management group would have done to this team. Just wow, how old are you... 10? LOL

Bill Watters has no right to call Trevor Linen out. 

"For fans of a certain vintage, you may not be aware that Bill Watters used to be the Leafs assistant general manager before he was unceremoniously dumped for being awful at his job. "

He couldn't even hold an Assistant GM job, so why the hell is he calling out our President? For a person who has been in the media game for awhile, he sure has a low amount of followers considering his connections.

52 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

So basically you're countering his argument, of which he actually has proof (See prospect pool, players under 25 that have made the team since Linden/Benning took over), with a theoretical one?

Okay then.

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So basically you're countering his argument, of which he actually has proof (See prospect pool, players under 25 that have made the team since Linden/Benning took over), with a theoretical one?

Okay then.

Thats not proof at all, you cannot say what another management group would have done if in place of the current one. There is no way to have proof of any kind. Get that though your head.

3 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Thats not proof at all, you cannot say what another management group would have done if in place of the current one. There is no way to have proof of any kind. Get that though your head.

The proof is in the fact that we have a better pool than we've had in a very long time.

The only thing we don't have proof of is that another management group could have done as good or better of a job.

Get that through your head.

19 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

Wrong again. I'm just tired of fools posting tripe. I'm tired of people thinking everything is so black and white. I've stated several times that Linden and Co. have made mistakes and they're not infallible, but posters, such as yourself, seem to think that if the talking heads say something it must be true! They're all just throwing $#!7 against the wall, and the masses soak it up. They wouldn't have jobs if they didn't create controversy. Do you forget that there are now 30 other teams looking to get a leg up? Do you realise that every GM makes mistakes ALL THE TIME? Apparently, only Jim and Trevor make mistakes. Business, in general, is a fluid. Pro sports are even more so. So many things have to go right for a team to be successful. Trevor inherited a mess and yes he has made mistakes, but for Watters, with his resume, to say he doesn't think Trevor has done a good job AT ALL is just verbal sewage. 

Back to your original post, you lump everything together (like you did to me) without actually taking an objective standpoint. Your sig proves that. So why don't you go jump on another bandwagon or head over to HF. Your constant negative content would fit nicely over there. Peace. 

Didn't say I agreed with what was written it is what it is. I think linden has done the job of being a PR buffer for ownership perfectly.

Just find it funny how the most used excuse when a negative story featuring any canuck is the media hate us which just isn't true and on most levels just stupidity. Some get so defensive when someone has an opinion,view different or take on how things are going. 

bandwagon troll just more favorites when someone disagrees. 

Maybe start a new forum sunshine and lolly pops where everything is great and the only opinion  is yours.

9 minutes ago, apollo said:

If we had hired Naslund instead and we had the exact same effect on the team and did just as poorly, people would be much more openly criticizing him. 

Trevor hasn't done a good job and no one rags on him because of what he did during his playing years and in large part due to being the good Canadian kid character. 

Trev should have been an assistant gm or something first... Even Steve y didn't just jump to president... 

Yep that's true, I won't deny Linden gets Limitless slack from me, so it was actually pretty smart of Aqua to hire him. But there is more going on here than meets the eye, I've watched Trev for years and he has been vocal about what he think the Canucks should represent, too many times during this regime have moves been made counter to that philosophy for me to think that Linden isn't getting over ruled by Benning and Aqua or just Aqua, there were substantial rumors a while back that both Benning and Linden  were directly opposed to Aqua's plans for the team, but it was his way or the highway 

Put it this way, I believe that if Linden were in total control we would still be losing big time but we would be playing physically tough, defensively loose, incredible entertaining games, with Nylander and  Tkachuck in the line up (Both these guys fit Trev's criteria for Canucks to a T)  I think he would pile up on skilled draft picks while entertaining the home fans with fire wagon hockey, until we were ready to compete for a playoff spot at which point he would turn over all but the new stars on the roster and replace them with guys from winning environments and a stricter coach.......because this is how he said it was to be done in 1996 and he has said he has never wavered in what he thinks the game should be,,,,,,,,,,he has always said first and foremost this is the ENTERTAINMENT business....I don't see that principal being followed, I think the Bruins influence is a bad one and I think Aqua is out of his league in a verry Darrl Katz kind of way

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The proof is in the fact that we have a better pool than we've had in a very long time.

The only thing we don't have proof of is that another management group could have done as good or better of a job.

Thats what I said in my first post and it took this long to comprehend what I said? lol

Just now, Rocksterh8 said:

Thats what I said in my first post and it took this long to comprehend what I said? lol

You're using an unkown/theoretical argument as a way to try and undermine the positives that our current regime has accomplished since taking over.

lmfao!

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Could a different group have drafted: Ehlers, Pastrnak, and Tkatchuk?  Of course there is no proof, other than theses three guys (who we could have drafted) are elite players in the league at very young ages.  Then, would we have Boeser, Gaudette, Tryamkin, Stecher, Lockwood, etc?  

Archived