The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Watters : "I don't think that Trevor Linden has done a good job at all"

Honky Cat

33 minutes ago, Strombone said:

Bill Watters has no right to call Trevor Linen out. 

"For fans of a certain vintage, you may not be aware that Bill Watters used to be the Leafs assistant general manager before he was unceremoniously dumped for being awful at his job. "

He couldn't even hold an Assistant GM job, so why the hell is he calling out our President? For a person who has been in the media game for awhile, he sure has a low amount of followers considering his connections.

not to defend bill watters, because I've never been impressed, but can we please not use number of twitter followers as a measure of legitimacy for members of the media?

1 hour ago, Rocksterh8 said:

You're so ridicules it makes me laugh, how can you quote the teams history as being the same as a management group that you don't know. No one on earth knows what a difference management group would have done to this team. Just wow, how old are you... 10? LOL

The only ridiculous one in this thread is you bud.  

I can't even read half your post because the grammar is so brutal.

Coaches released by Linden

Torts - Best regular season in Columbus franchise history

Sully - Stanley Cup winner 

Gully - Flames in playoffs on soon to be 8 game winning streak.

Willie .....(toilet flushing)

linden has a mixed record so far. So good, some not so good. I think their scouting improved under him, and JB maybe is the reason, but he picked him. Retooling transition is bit of mixed success and failure. No playoffs is failure lately, but they made the playoffs after getting rid of Torts. 

so far, I don't think it's terrible. maybe his plan will pan out in a year or two. 

Just now, Mustapha said:

look at the roster. 

2 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

Look at what Willie has to work with compared to those other teams. It's not even a fair comparison really.

Just now, Jaimito said:

look at the roster. 

Also Linden's fault. Canucks leaning heavily on former Flames prospects Bearcheese and Granlund the Lesser. John Weisbrod has a lot to do with that, and Linden is stupid enough to trust him.

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

Look at what Willie has to work with compared to those other teams. It's not even a fair comparison really.

Sedins aren't producing, people making excuses for them, saying they're too old blah blah blah...I guess they aren't as durable as Jumbo Joe or Patty Marleau or hell Jaromir Jagr.

This team has been dog$&!# all season long, and the only reason they look semi respectable has been the goaltending, especially Ryan Miller. Otherwise this team would be in the ditch with Colorado.

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

Also Linden's fault. Canucks leaning heavily on former Flames prospects Bearcheese and Granlund the Lesser. John Weisbrod has a lot to do with that, and Linden is stupid enough to trust him.

You're right, Canucks should be leaning heavily on the Sedins, Higgins, and Shinkaruk.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

You're right, Canucks should be leaning heavily on the Sedins, Higgins, and Shinkaruk.

I would have been happy with Linden hiring a more competent GM and not hiring Weisbrod. Maybe then the Canucks would more than one or two decent young players.

This is the 80's all over again. Calgary and Edmonton have all the talent, and Vancouver will be the Washington Generals of their division.

Just now, Honky Cat said:

My take on the interview was that Watters was pretty salty about the fact that WD might be hung out to dry...Benning and WD have taken a lot of flack,but this is a first for Linden.

Linden is going to end up like Kevin Lowe did in Edmonton...once beloved in his playing days, but slowly becoming vilified as an executive.

Start counting the number of Canuck alumni in management and coaching staff...how is this not like the post 2006 Oilers?

Archived