Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-Vintage Canuck-

[Report] Tom Sestito suspended 4 games

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, darkpoet said:

It's called "game management" for a reason

and that reason is: "we call it that because then we can be selective when we issue a judgement, and F U if you don't like it"

Hansen: blatant knee. no penalty or suspension.
Hansen: blatant blind side hit / cracked ribs. no penalty or suspension.
Baertschi: concussed with a late hit to the head. No penalty or suspension.
McDavid: passed through a fart vortex on the way to the net. Offending player (who shall remain anonymous to protect his identity) receives 10 game suspension.

The NHL is a joke. And has been for a very long time. "Discipline" is all politics and has nothing to do with fairness or objectivity.

Seriously.... Brenden Shanahan was the Director of NHL Player Safety? 

He was a dirty SOB when he was a player and got glorified because he played for the Wings during their powerhouse era.... smh.... yeah he knew all about safety when he knocked out Brendan Morrisons teeth with a cross-check to the face.

He's a smug-ass bitch, who now works for the Leafs.
Fitting. .... since my first 2 examples of blatant mis-calls happened in one game vs. Toronto - after which you have coach Bobcock saying "we trust in the League to make the call. we have nothing to worry about"

yeah, I guess so!

:rolleyes:

I have not verified your claims regarding Shanahan but I still gave you a +1 for your passion 

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I have not verified your claims regarding Shanahan but I still gave you a +1 for your passion 

It was back in 2003, during the West Coast Express era.

Again, no "discipline" after he lost 4 front teeth, courtesy of Mrs. Shanahan

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/morrison-making-noise-of-his-own/article25280054/

Since losing four upper teeth -- Morrison was high-sticked by Detroit's Brendan Shanahan, without a penalty call -- he has produced eight points in four games, including two game-winning goals.

And that's the guy they put in charge of Player Safety.... Fox in charge of the hen house !

Edited by darkpoet

As long as team's ownership has political clout and Bettman bends over backwards to accommodate them, there will never be any kind of consistency in disciplinary matters.

Whatever... Sestito is a beauty. Still upset he wasn't able to end Nolan's career after Nolan tried to murder Daniel.