The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Tom Sestito suspended 4 games

Didn't see the game, but from what I've heard, Sestito played like 3-4min total and every time he was on the ice was headhunting. If true, then total bs on his part/Penguins part.

The hit itself...I mean, it could go either way, DoPS has let people off with worse and given players longer suspensions for less...so I don't bloody know.

8 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Bad hit obviously but seriously, if you see a guy like Tom friggin Sestito coming at you don't turn your back at the last second.. you are just asking to get hurt.

^This^, players need to stop turning their backs on players as their getting hit. If Enstrom had not turned his back, he may not have been hurt. Players need to respect others safety but also watch out for themselves.

Totally fine with Big Tom's crushing of the Jet.  Even on the league's video they said The Jet turned.  Then they said Big Bad Tom could have avoided the hit.  Isn't it the forechecker's job to force the d, and make the d worry about bone crunching hits, to create turnovers?  The Jet should not turn away, keep going, and take the coming hit like a man.  That's Alf's view.

1 hour ago, Emmetts said:

Enstrom turned completely after looking directly at him. Mayby tom could have slowed down a touch but like many have said many many many times, worse hits happen on canucks and go uncalled. 

Iginla gave Sbisa a bigger cheapshot last time we played the Kings and the crooks in the DPS don't even look at it.  It's only a matter of time before the league is found criminally liable for gross negligence.

sick of this stuff players like Enstrom never watch the play going on and get hit bad then they blame the guy who hit him

I really thought players had to be more aware of the play and players around them

Tom did do a dirty hit and I am not defending him, but if he looked around this hit would never have happened

9 hours ago, Fantomex said:

While I don't disagree with the suspension, I'm constantly puzzled at the consistency of the DoPS... I just don't know what will or won't be a suspendable offence.

It's called "game management" for a reason

and that reason is: "we call it that because then we can be selective when we issue a judgement, and F U if you don't like it"

Hansen: blatant knee. no penalty or suspension.
Hansen: blatant blind side hit / cracked ribs. no penalty or suspension.
Baertschi: concussed with a late hit to the head. No penalty or suspension.
McDavid: passed through a fart vortex on the way to the net. Offending player (who shall remain anonymous to protect his identity) receives 10 game suspension.

The NHL is a joke. And has been for a very long time. "Discipline" is all politics and has nothing to do with fairness or objectivity.

Seriously.... Brenden Shanahan was the Director of NHL Player Safety? 

He was a dirty SOB when he was a player and got glorified because he played for the Wings during their powerhouse era.... smh.... yeah he knew all about safety when he knocked out Brendan Morrisons teeth with a cross-check to the face.

He's a smug-ass bitch, who now works for the Leafs.
Fitting. .... since my first 2 examples of blatant mis-calls happened in one game vs. Toronto - after which you have coach Bobcock saying "we trust in the League to make the call. we have nothing to worry about"

yeah, I guess so!

:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, darkpoet said:

It's called "game management" for a reason

and that reason is: "we call it that because then we can be selective when we issue a judgement, and F U if you don't like it"

Hansen: blatant knee. no penalty or suspension.
Hansen: blatant blind side hit / cracked ribs. no penalty or suspension.
Baertschi: concussed with a late hit to the head. No penalty or suspension.
McDavid: passed through a fart vortex on the way to the net. Offending player (who shall remain anonymous to protect his identity) receives 10 game suspension.

The NHL is a joke. And has been for a very long time. "Discipline" is all politics and has nothing to do with fairness or objectivity.

Seriously.... Brenden Shanahan was the Director of NHL Player Safety? 

He was a dirty SOB when he was a player and got glorified because he played for the Wings during their powerhouse era.... smh.... yeah he knew all about safety when he knocked out Brendan Morrisons teeth with a cross-check to the face.

He's a smug-ass bitch, who now works for the Leafs.
Fitting. .... since my first 2 examples of blatant mis-calls happened in one game vs. Toronto - after which you have coach Bobcock saying "we trust in the League to make the call. we have nothing to worry about"

yeah, I guess so!

:rolleyes:

I have not verified your claims regarding Shanahan but I still gave you a +1 for your passion 

Archived