The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who are the Summer of 2017 Coaching canditates

nickels

3 minutes ago, combover said:

So if (when) willie is dismissed this summer ownership and management are shallow uneducated bandwagons? Entertainment value isn't wins it's playing an upbeat skill first atleast try to score game. Its what Edmonton did and why there fans still went to games well that and there's nothing else to do in Edmonton they didn't resort to a very bad version of the trap.id agree that megna and Chaput are fillers but don't say they bring a physical pressance and neither have any business anywhere i the top 6. Biega always been a great 7th dman and skillie just took a roster spot. 

Its not like it just the CDC thats had issues with willie and his wonky line combos and deployment, Jim hughston made negative comments about it on a national broadcast in the mic left on slip up. You may be one the "media hates us" guys but story after story about player deployment, TOI , the you earned it double standard. 

Like I said

in the next week or two we will see how managment feels 

See this is why it's so frustrating engaging with you.

Are you seriously comparing Edmonton over the years with all their high picks to the Canucks?

Maybe, just maybe if the Oilers had had a coach like WD who understands how to "mask" deficiencies with his systems the Oilers would not have had to wait 10 years for success and we might have landed McDavid.

As for Hughson, please - what are his coaching qualifications?

18 hours ago, mll said:

Ruff's contract is up this season and word is that he won't be back.  On Insider Trading this week McKenzie believes that WD could be a candidate for the Stars.

What!  McKenzie has Willie fired?  It's not like him to make comments based on assumptions.

People assume that the Canucks problems aren't based on their line up.  There are not enough players  25-30, the Sedins really hit the skids this year, prospects are too young to make an impact yet.  An already thin line up decimated by over 400 man games lost to injury.  But Willie has them working hard and in games.  Rarely have we seen this bad team blown out.

Ruff is another coach who is quality but he has a lousy team.  The Stars have a poor defense and goaltending.  Their problems weren't addressed in the off season.  They went from 2 over all with 109 points last year to 24th place this year with 78.  Is Jim Nill's job in jeopardy?  Because it should be. 

Maybe Ruff just wants out?

3 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

What!  McKenzie has Willie fired?  It's not like him to make comments based on assumptions.

People assume that the Canucks problems aren't based on their line up.  There are not enough players  25-30, the Sedins really hit the skids this year, prospects are too young to make an impact yet.  An already thin line up decimated by over 400 man games lost to injury.  But Willie has them working hard and in games.  Rarely have we seen this bad team blown out.

Ruff is another coach who is quality but he has a lousy team.  The Stars have a poor defense and goaltending.  Their problems weren't addressed in the off season.  They went from 2 over all with 109 points last year to 24th place this year with 78.  Is Jim Nill's job in jeopardy?  Because it should be. 

Iirc Bobby Mac said " If Willie is available........"

36 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Probably should have added if available to avoid confusion. 

It actually started with McKenzie saying that if Vancouver decides to move on from WD - there is a lot of noise that Green could be a possible candidate.  He then went on to say that in Dallas many believe that Ruff is on his way out (his contract is up) and that WD could be a candidate if available. 

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

See this is why it's so frustrating engaging with you.

Are you seriously comparing Edmonton over the years with all their high picks to the Canucks?

Maybe, just maybe if the Oilers had had a coach like WD who understands how to "mask" deficiencies with his systems the Oilers would not have had to wait 10 years for success and we might have landed McDavid.

As for Hughson, please - what are his coaching qualifications?

No,I'm  not im comparing a very good Vancouver team thats knew it was getting into the post season to a very bad Edmonton team that wasn't That very bad Edmonton team could beat or keep the game close because that very good Vancouver team had little to nothing to play for. The roles are reverse now so saying this Canucks team kept  it close against the mcdavid oilers has no value.the oilers priority is to not get injured in a meanless game against one of the worst teams in the league over the past two seasons.

willie hasn't masked anything this team is every bit as bad as those oiler teams with one exception they still played a offensive game even before the kids started piling up that team never went with a bore the fans out of the build style of play and they got the exact same result. 

as for Huston I would say that guy has watched hell of a lotta hockey and it's not like he's the only one saying it. 

Let me me ask you this do you think ownership and or managment want him back? And if so why have they not come out and said so? 

And Do you really believe he will be back?

you see it your way that's fine and I do admire your conviction for the guy. 

I don't see it he same way. 

5 hours ago, bobbyg43 said:

Gallant was first choice for me when he became free,Rumblings that Ruff is soon to be free now ,Lindy was my choice a few years back when he was on market he would still be my number one choice.

Choice for assistants ,Green would be straight up the guy. He. Needs to cut his teeth now on big club . I would move Steamer on to Utica head coach job.

scouting still needs to be assessed An tweaked some more.

There's a pretty good article in the province about potential coaches. Pros and cons who is and might be available 

1 hour ago, combover said:

No,I'm  not im comparing a very good Vancouver team thats knew it was getting into the post season to a very bad Edmonton team that wasn't That very bad Edmonton team could beat or keep the game close because that very good Vancouver team had little to nothing to play for. The roles are reverse now so saying this Canucks team kept  it close against the mcdavid oilers has no value.the oilers priority is to not get injured in a meanless game against one of the worst teams in the league over the past two seasons.

willie hasn't masked anything this team is every bit as bad as those oiler teams with one exception they still played a offensive game even before the kids started piling up that team never went with a bore the fans out of the build style of play and they got the exact same result. 

as for Huston I would say that guy has watched hell of a lotta hockey and it's not like he's the only one saying it. 

Let me me ask you this do you think ownership and or managment want him back? And if so why have they not come out and said so? 

And Do you really believe he will be back?

you see it your way that's fine and I do admire your conviction for the guy. 

I don't see it he same way. 

I must have read your post wrongly. I thought you were comparing the pre McDavid team, say, the 2015 team with the present Canucks team. 

Frankly, I have no idea what will happen with Willie but they were happy to sack another good coach in AV so who knows?

15 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I must have read your post wrongly. I thought you were comparing the pre McDavid team, say, the 2015 team with the present Canucks team. 

Frankly, I have no idea what will happen with Willie but they were happy to sack another good coach in AV so who knows?

Alfs I agree we never should have dumped AV, that was Gillis trying to live another day himself and AV was the sacrifice 

however, please don't try comparing AV to WD, AV is an experienced NHL winning coach and Willie isn't nor will he ever be 

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Alfs I agree we never should have dumped AV, that was Gillis trying to live another day himself and AV was the sacrifice 

however, please don't try comparing AV to WD, AV is an experienced NHL winning coach and Willie isn't nor will he ever be 

Never say never I don't think any coach could have overachieved this lineup into the playoffs and it's no secret.  It's turning out more or less exactly where the experts predicted.  AV or equivalent coach may have put us up a few more spots but management is aware that for the future of this team we need to lose and losing with WD or Green or Crow makes no difference.  I hope Crow for his sake sticks to Ottawa and gets his chance when the time is right.  Playing out WD contract should get us another high pick in a better draft next year....Maybe that's the medicine this team needs in the long run.  Maybe we switch coaches with DAL and WD turns things around there and Ruff divebombs us right to the nether regions for twenty percent odds at number one overall next season.  

WD will prolly be gone in the next couple weeks, but we should at least thank him for the development of some of our young players.. bo Baer stecher tryamkin Hutton granlund. We can critize him all day for some of his decisions. But we can't denied the fact those players made huge strides in their development. Let's hope whoever next we bring in can continue or young guys development so we can be more competitive sooner than later

6 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

There are rumours that AV might get fire by the Rangers if the Rangers lose early in the playoffs (I read it somewhere), and if that's the case, would we want to bring AV back?

why? his record is great with them. 

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm still pretty high on Gerard Gallant. 

Wouldn't mind Lindy Ruff or Marc Crawford either.

All 3 are a big upgrade on Willie. I think if Jim brings Willie back things may get ugly at Rogers. There weren't any "fire Willie" chants but after pulling that boner last night with the coaches challenge I don't think there will be as much patience for him in the fan base. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

All 3 are a big upgrade on Willie. I think if Jim brings Willie back things may get ugly at Rogers. There weren't any "fire Willie" chants but after pulling that boner last night with the coaches challenge I don't think there will be as much patience for him in the fan base. 

Agreed. I can't imagine what was going through Benning's head when Willie made the challenge xD

Archived