The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] It's gonna be Yuge. (locker room talk)

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Isn't Poolparty in the minors?  That's giving up a lot for a minor leaguer, isn't it?

He was drafted last year. He is where he should be. Maybe if Edm hadn't put all their 1st round picks for the last decade directly into the NHL they wouldn't have sucked as long as they have. 

Just now, hammertime said:

He was drafted last year. He is where he should be. Maybe if Edm hadn't put all their 1st round picks for the last decade directly into the NHL they wouldn't have sucked as long as they have. 

I would consider your proposal (from the Canuck's perspective) if Poolparty was a centre.  

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Where would Coilers be without McDavid? Great situation my ***, they got lucky. It wasn't "great management" they have been utter crap for AGES, and the next time McJesus goes down they will be exposed for the crap team that they really are. They still can't defend, they have an average goalie, and without McDavid their offensive is good, but not great.

Who cares how they got McDavid. They gave him. And the crap management that had them languishing as a perennial bottom feeder is long gone. Talbot is actually a very good goalie. They're a couple pieces away from being a very good team.  Vancouver is fairly early in their rebuild. They have some good pieces but it's going to be a few more painful years before they're a legit threat again.  Anyone who thinks Vancouver would be more attractive to LD than his situation in Edmonton is just looking through homer glasses 

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Who cares how they got McDavid. They gave him. And the crap management that had them languishing as a perennial bottom feeder is long gone. Talbot is actually a very good goalie. They're a couple pieces away from being a very good team.  Vancouver is fairly early in their rebuild. They have some good pieces but it's going to be a few more painful years before they're a legit threat again.  Anyone who thinks Vancouver would be more attractive to LD than his situation in Edmonton is just looking through homer glasses 

Do you seriously think Talbot and MGMT are the reason EDM isn't drafting first overall again this year? And yes I think LD would be happier getting paid and playing as a 1C anywhere instead of carrying McDavids luggage in EDM. 

36 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Do you seriously think Talbot and MGMT are the reason EDM isn't drafting first overall again this year? And yes I think LD would be happier getting paid and playing as a 1C anywhere instead of carrying McDavids luggage in EDM. 

Yeah, I'm sure he'd much rather play with Megna and Cramarossa than McDavid

On 3/10/2017 at 10:14 PM, Pears said:

That's a funny way of spelling Dahlen and Boeser. 

Dahlen and Boeser won't be top 6 players until at least the 2019-2020 season, and that is very optimistic.  McDavid is already the best player in the NHL.  Why would Draisaitl come here?  

If you want further proof, see ZAR going to Pittsburgh to play with Malkin and Crosby, instead of coming to VAN.

13 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Dahlen and Boeser won't be top 6 players until at least the 2019-2020 season, and that is very optimistic.  McDavid is already the best player in the NHL.  Why would Draisaitl come here?  

If you want further proof, see ZAR going to Pittsburgh to play with Malkin and Crosby, instead of coming to VAN.

Agree with all of that^^^^

Draisaitl is not a very likely target for the pieces that we would be willing to move.

Most likely targets are guys with top 6 C potential that are further down the depth chart on their team, and their team has a need to improve their defense (cuz that's what we mostly would be willing and able to trade).

Main targets:

Reinhart

Nylander

RNH

Please note that I said POTENTIAL to be a 1/2C. I don't think any of these guys are guaranteed.

22 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

If he wants to play his natural position on the top line, he could do that here. And he'd be playing with two very good wingers in Dahlen and Boeser. 

Archived