The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] KHL interest in Anton Rodin

10 minutes ago, oldnews said:

He's 25 - an RFA - so the Canucks can sign him to a one year deal, and he'll remain an RFA - or worst case scenario qualify him so they retain his rights.

I think he'll be back - a few more spots in the forward group to compete for just opened up - and why sign in the KHL without actually having had a real go of it over here?

It's not  like he failed or wasn't given a chance - he simply wasn't healthy.  I imagine he'll give it another shot and if it doesn't pan out he still has the KHL as an option.

I am hoping for this too. It is just too bad that he seemed good to go during pre season but obviously pushed himself too hard trying to impress the management and coaches and something happened. Or the procedure wasn't done correctly and this time around he will be good to go.

Anyone know what his timetable for recovery is before he can start training for next year? Last time he had the procedure I think he couldn't start training until the summer

We're still a year or so away from the likes of Gaudette, Dahlen, Lockwood, this year's first, and maybe even Boeser and Goldobin making the Canucks' lineup so bringing him back in is a no-brainer, especially with roster spots now opened up.  Can (again, try to) see what we have and if he's something to move forward with.

On 3/11/2017 at 9:44 AM, billabong said:

baertschi-horvat-BOESER

sedin-sedin-GRANLUND

BOUCHER-sutter-GOLDOBIN / RODIN

GAUNCE-CHAPUT-dorsett 

Camorosa

GET RID OF L.E. SOMEHOW SOME WAY

Three spots open up the following year with Dorsett gone Labate fills his spot

Then the twins retire opening spots for guys like Dahlen Gaudette JV  ETC

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

He's 25 - an RFA - so the Canucks can sign him to a one year deal, and he'll remain an RFA - or worst case scenario qualify him so they retain his rights.

I think he'll be back - a few more spots in the forward group to compete for just opened up - and why sign in the KHL without actually having had a real go of it over here?

It's not  like he failed or wasn't given a chance - he simply wasn't healthy.  I imagine he'll give it another shot and if it doesn't pan out he still has the KHL as an option.

He is actually a group VI UFA...

What is a Group VI UFA?

A player who's contract is expiring and meets all of the following conditions shall become an unrestricted free agent (UFA):
  1. The player is 25 years or older (as of June 30th of the calendar year the contract is expiring).
  2. The player has completed 3 or more professional seasons - qualified by 11 or more professional games (for an 18/19 year old player), or 1 or more professional games (for a player aged 20 or older). This can include NHL, minor league, and European professional league seasons played while under an SPC.
  3. The player has played less than 80 NHL games, or 28 NHL games of 30 minutes or greater for a goaltender.

https://www.capfriendly.com/faq

6 hours ago, oldnews said:

He's actually 26 and will be 27 about a month into next year's regular season. Dude was drafted 8 seasons ago and is averaging a NHL game every 3 years.

usually players  with this kind of performance are known as busts  but not here... we call them prospects. C-D-C!!!! C-D-C!!!!, CDC!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

He's actually 26 and will be 27 about a month into next year's regular season. Dude was drafted 8 seasons ago and is averaging a NHL game every 3 years.

usually players  with this kind of performance are known as busts  but not here... we call them prospects. C-D-C!!!! C-D-C!!!!, CDC!!!!!!

I don't care what you call him - if he can score some goals for this team next year, great.

If not, calling a 53rd overall a 'bust' is dumb anyhow = was a longshot from day 1.

4 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Unless their name is Jake Virtanen. Guy is clearly a bust.

5 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Still worth another look at he had a decent preseason on a bum knee. Some guys are just late bloomers and he's showing signs of that. We sign him for another year with an outclause to the KHL if he doesn't cut it here and doesn't want to stick around. Worst case is that he is a bust and all that was wasted was a spot that a PTO could've taken instead.

Archived