The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don’t Believe Anything Iain MacIntyre Tells You

Rocksterh8

Just now, Wilbur said:

I'd say we have seen a fair bit of balance.  It's easy to get caught up in the now and the past 10 games, but over the course of the season we've seen gains from a lot of young players.  Is it perfect?  No, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape about 4 minutes of ice-time for Goldobin here or 30 seconds of power play time for Megna there.

You're definitely right about the gains from young players. I've enjoyed this season far more than last even though the points percentage is about the same.

But, I think that when you're at the most elite level of hockey, small distances from perfect become amplified. Get bent out of shape like some Twitter weirdos? Definitely not. This team was going to lose a lot of games even if all the right decisions were made at the coaching and management level. The issue I have is that there seem to be problems that have relatively simple solutions that are not being addressed. At this level, success doesn't happen without dealing with small problems and not just big ones. 

I'm enjoying reading posts defending MacIntyre by the same posters that consistently trash the local media.   Seems to be the same group that also spend considerable resources, trashing other posters.  Conclusion - anyone who does not agree with them has to be not only wrong, but delusional. 

Me thinks Thou dost protest too much.   

13 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

They have to sell a product. The Sedins are integrity to any club, as slow as they might be. I'd retain half, or more, and flip them for whatever. 

Its all all about changing direction. Fast! 

McPhee has already said they want to play a fast paced high-tempo style. 

personally, i don't believe most of what media and fans say. all any of us possess is our opinions. somewhere along our lives, we have placed our opinions above everyone elses. i admit to cdc, that my opinons, while important to me, are not built on all aspects of what it takes to run/build a team. please take anything i say, with a grain of salt. 

even if someone else has the same opinion as i do, really doesn't mean we are right.  we are just fans with different opinions.

2 hours ago, Smiley2051 said:

I will admit I wasn't a big fan of JPat to start out, but the guy knows how to ask questions post game, like actual inquisitive or "challenging" (?) questions; the kind of stuff you'll never get from Joey Kenward/Canuckstv etc

Joey Kenward asks the DUMBEST questions! Half the time there isn't even a point, there is only one obvious answer.

6 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Again, please try to stick to contributing to the discussions and not personally attacking posters. 

It's called satire... staying on topic coming from you is grand.. you call people names and trash talk more than anybody on here. Mind your own business bud ;) 

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Lots of truths in the OP too.

This place can be so aggressive against unpopular opinion. 

How was @CeeBee51 being aggresive? Very valid point when somebody says "don't believe anything so and so says". Then follows it up with a steaming pile of turd for an article.  How is one supposed to take that person seriously?

10 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I've reported you for it before. I encourage others to do the same. 

Lol so you are that hurt you have to report me lol I'm flattered.. but sadly there are people running around here calling people morons and stuff.. I've never stooped to that.

Im sure you report everybody that disagrees with you.  Maybe this isn't the place for you?  If you can't see the humor that's not my fault.  Grow a thicker skin bud, it'll help in your everyday life too ;)

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

You might be right about this point, but you are raising an argument irrelevant to the original comment that lead to the article. 

This wasn't a question about access to team and being aware of what was going on in the locker room.

The article was written primarily in response to Iain's assertion that " they’re outraged and hyper-critical when the team loses ".

This is a massive oversimplification by him. First, where is his evidence that this is the case? Specifically, where is his evidence that the majority of Canuck fans are outraged and hypercritical after a loss? This is misunderstanding a pretty simple factor. People that are angry are more likely to speak up than people that are less upset. 

Second, where is the evidence that Canuck fans are outraged by losses? I see dissatisfaction with the process in which the game unfolds, and not necessarily with the end result. 

TL;DR: MacIntyre's oversimplification seems to be a result of not actually knowing how Canucks fans feel and instead using a few anecdotes on social media to inform his opinion.

What are you talking about?  I can't stand IM, but that's dead on.

Archived