Rocksterh8

Don’t Believe Anything Iain MacIntyre Tells You

Rate this topic

I guess I Mac meant by people are the fans. I think he is the number one management media mouth piece. probably never paid a thin dime to go to a Canucks game. Of all the Media guys he is probably the most arrogant towards the fan base almost mocking them at times as if they are a bunch of dumb idiots. His elitist attitude is second to none in the Vancouver media.

• Upvote 3

More outraged the team keeps losing while not consistently playing young guys. guys like biega 

( who I like) Larsen megna skille even chapoo aren't the future of this team. 

Labate griener pedan subban virtanen to name a few would be just as effective or ineffective as the those guys and they are part of the developing  future.

As great as millers been markstrom is a guy that should have played a lot more this season but the unrealistic playoff mandate handcuffs the coach who seems dead set on winning over development using the AHL and prospects as a last resort. Even when the team acquires a very skilled forward he has to earn it, he has to prove he reliable, tough to do when the coach won't use you in all situations and use mistakes as teaching tools yet down the bench sits megna (just for example) who doesn't miss a shift regardless of his play. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, tas said:

hint: it's because they are.

iain's alleged arrogance is nothing compared to the hubris of canucks fans thinking they know more than the accredited media when every shred of information they receive to base their beliefs on are provided by those same media members who actually have legitimate access to the team. 

I think the author makes a good case that IMac shouldn't be questioning anyone's intelligence. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, tas said:

hint: it's because they are.

iain's alleged arrogance is nothing compared to the hubris of canucks fans thinking they know more than the accredited media when every shred of information they receive to base their beliefs on are provided by those same media members who actually have legitimate access to the team. 

If you want to talk about arrogance then Jeff Patterson leads the pack by a country mile.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Cant believe I just read that crossword puzzle.  But I get where the OP is going with this.  

What I got the from article going with this was we have no chance of winning now so why are Biega, Megna, Eriksson, Skille, Chaput, Larsen, Sutter, Daniel, Henrik, Edler, and Miller getting any significant playing time whatsoever, play the rooks 17 minutes a night, and WAH we aren't tanking hard enough to squeeze out every last tenth of a percent in draft lottery odds.

Edited by Wilbur
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

If you want to talk about arrogance then Jeff Patterson leads the pack by a country mile.

I will admit I wasn't a big fan of JPat to start out, but the guy knows how to ask questions post game, like actual inquisitive or "challenging" (?) questions; the kind of stuff you'll never get from Joey Kenward/Canuckstv etc

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

I guess the Sedins play cannot be talked about...their play and results are below par to what the fanbase is use to seeing...this is a major factor to the performance of this team.

The elephant in the room is not being talked about.

What elephant? They're getting old, and are no longer first line stars. That's why we are trying to bring in younger stars. That's not an elephant, it's an unfortunate fact of life.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Guaranteed the same tools on this board screaming about a rebuild will turn on the kids the second they show their inexperience.

The same tools screaming at their kids*

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

Guaranteed the same tools on this board screaming about a rebuild will turn on the kids the second they show their inexperience.

It'll be because the kids aren't "elite" enough.  Gotta have those top 3 picks y'know.

• Upvote 2

Excellent job by the OP.  Considering our core is old, and we still are horrific, the fans want hope for a better future.  Of course we want to see our young guys in the line-up.  JB and TL will hire a new coach this summer.  We will see, by whom it is, and the length of the contract the philosophy of direction.  Other than the Twins, Sutter, Edler, and Tanev (oh and the mistake that is Errikson) if there are other over 25 skaters on this team it will be the same path.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

I guess the Sedins play cannot be talked about...their play and results are below par to what the fanbase is use to seeing...this is a major factor to the performance of this team.

The elephant in the room is not being talked about.

Prez Slim is the PR equivalent of hiring the world's sexiest woman to be the complaint department's face.

As long as he is the face of the Orca, which one of us could possibly sling poop at him? Best deflector of criticism against the team imaginable. 

Even when he admits that the roster has an element of space, reminiscent of the back-40 pasture where you retire old horses, like the Sedins, he gets zero media flak. Unreal. Solid PR campaign win. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Upvote 1