The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks interested in Zachary Aston-Reese

As the NCAA free-agency period approaches, a trio of Canadian teams have their eyes on Northeastern forward Zachary Aston-Reese.

The Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, and Ottawa Senators are among those in the mix for the 22-year-old, reports Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.

Aston-Reese, who went undrafted, led the Hockey East conference with 67 points this season, scoring 31 goals and 32 assists in 37 games.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1252762

Oilers and Pens also interested.

If you're Zach, do you choose the Canucks or the chance to win now and play with two of the best players in the world. Maybe the only way to get him here is to promise him he'll play NHL games this season thereby burning a year of his ELC.

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

I think we should go hard to sign him. Having Stetch Boeser Gaudette and Buttercup in the system would be pretty neat. 

Benning will probably offer the full ELC + playing out 10 games this season... enough? Prob not but who knows. He may wait until summer too. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

Benning will probably offer the full ELC + playing out 10 games this season... enough? Prob not but who knows. He may wait until summer too. 

Its pretty impressive how quickly JB fixed our D depth and it looks to me our FWD depth will be replenished just as the Sedins contracts expire. The cupboards are filling quickly JB is doing a hell of a job rebuilding. In 3 years these kids are going to be running this show. Stay the course. The future is within sight.

4 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

His season's over so yes we can

Wait, i'm confused. 

If we sign him to an ELC contract and he plays at least one game for us this season, does he burn a year off of his ELC?

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Wait, i'm confused. 

If we sign him to an ELC contract and he plays at least one game for us this season, does he burn a year off of his ELC?

Yes, same as Boeser.

Archived