The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks interested in Zachary Aston-Reese

16 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Its pretty impressive how quickly JB fixed our D depth and it looks to me our FWD depth will be replenished just as the Sedins contracts expire. The cupboards are filling quickly JB is doing a hell of a job rebuilding. In 3 years these kids are going to be running this show. Stay the course. The future is within sight.

Depending on how things go for Boeser next weekend we might get a peek at him too if they bow out. Although I'm hoping ND can pull off a total underdog thing and be NCAA champs again. That would be a nice confidence boost for him. 

6 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I thought there was a 9 game tryout.  Or is that only chl players?

there is for 18 and 19 year olds, if Boeser gets signed this year all he needs to do is play 1 game according to Canucks Army to burn the 1st year of his ELC. If thats what it takes to lock him down so be it. 

14 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

there is for 18 and 19 year olds, if Boeser gets signed this year all he needs to do is play 1 game according to Canucks Army to burn the 1st year of his ELC. If thats what it takes to lock him down so be it. 

Agreed..bird in the hand, & all that jazz...

NCAA players are free to sign pro contracts at any time they are ready to give up their eligibility to play in the NCAA, typically they wait till their season is over and not necessarily when their school year is over. Hope that isn't confusing I just woke up and haven't had my first coffee yet lol

It may be an excellent year for Benning to bring in guys like Ashton-Reese, Boeser and Gaudette. With the injuries mounting in Van they can get a taste of the NHL and burn a year off their ELC, also rumour has it that Drew Shore (formerly with Calgary and Florida) is leaving the Swiss League to join the Canucks for the remainder of the season. Auditions for next season as well as injury fill ins?? Not sure if Shore will need to clear waivers but I suspect that's the case...

11 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

The 9 game benchmark is for players being returned back to junior.  

is there somewhere on this site that has a section for rumours about all the upcoming college free agents? Or talk about certain Canuck prospects possibly turning pro and signing either an amateur tryout to play with Utica or come straight up to the nhl? Personally even for Boeser I think its best if any player signs to go play under Green in Utica. 

I am hoping we make Travis Green our new head coach for next season. He can then have some insight to how some of these young guys play already even tho it would be at the AHL there would be some form of familiarity and comfort for both the player and coach when training camp and call ups are needed n

6 minutes ago, Yotes said:

is there somewhere on this site that has a section for rumours about all the upcoming college free agents? Or talk about certain Canuck prospects possibly turning pro and signing either an amateur tryout to play with Utica or come straight up to the nhl? Personally even for Boeser I think its best if any player signs to go play under Green in Utica. 

I am hoping we make Travis Green our new head coach for next season. He can then have some insight to how some of these young guys play already even tho it would be at the AHL there would be some form of familiarity and comfort for both the player and coach when training camp and call ups are needed n

Also all Canucks prospects (Boeser, etc.) have their own thread in the following subforum:

http://forum.canucks.com/forum/34-prospects-utica-comets/

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I was referring to this info from CA: 

Since he is 20 years old - as per section 9.1d of the CBA - Boeser does not receive slide. Play one game, burn a year.

C6sIBxlU8AA2sfQ.jpg

Yeah, I meant to reference the other posters question about Jr players.

They could sign BB to an ato, but it's almost assured that BB will insist on a pro contract so he can burn a year........same as Try last season.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Yeah, I meant to reference the other posters question about Jr players.

They could sign BB to an ato, but it's almost assured that BB will insist on a pro contract so he can burn a year........same as Try last season.

I would rather he play under Green in a more winning evnrironment. Dont know how much WD will use him @ the nhl. But yes like Tryamkin I would have no issue if playing him in some games to finish the year guaranteed him signing with us

Just now, Yotes said:

I would rather he play under Green in a more winning evnrironment. Dont know how much WD will use him @ the nhl. But yes like Tryamkin I would have no issue if playing him in some games to finish the year guaranteed him signing with us

He can still play in Utica on a pro contract, he'll just burn a year on his elc.  I'm not sure if he is eligible for playoffs of he starts in Van 

Archived