The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks interested in Zachary Aston-Reese

15 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Apparently the Canucks are on hi short list, and I would think Vancouver would be an attractive place to play for a young guy. Canucks are rebuilding and putting younger players into the lineup. Would love to add Aston-Reese to the prospects. Canucks could be a very fast, skilled team in 2-3 years if all goes right.

Not sure if all skilled young guys will get a chance....  gotta ask WD first!! Megna seems to be blocking the path here.. 

15 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Apparently the Canucks are on hi short list, and I would think Vancouver would be an attractive place to play for a young guy. Canucks are rebuilding and putting younger players into the lineup. Would love to add Aston-Reese to the prospects. Canucks could be a very fast, skilled team in 2-3 years if all goes right.

Link?

13 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Link?

There's some tweets out there. Apparently he's friends with Hutton, knows Gaudette well, and Stecher and Boeser to some extent.

It's not a reach for him to sign here, just no guarantee either. Hopefully Hutty will put in a good word, and get us another player!

4 minutes ago, Derp... said:

There's some tweets out there. Apparently he's friends with Hutton, knows Gaudette well, and Stecher and Boeser to some extent.

It's not a reach for him to sign here, just no guarantee either. Hopefully Hutty will put in a good word, and get us another player!

Yeah but i'm not getting my hope's up too high, the kid's from Staten Island and all the N.Y. area teams will be making a big push for him. Add in Philly and Boston as well, Edmonton will dangle McDavid in front of his eyes as well. Remember when Vesey was guaranteed going to the Leafs because he had a family member who worked with them, that never happened as well.

16 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Oilers will tell every college free agent they will have the opportunity to play with Connor Mcjesus LOL 

But in actual fact, they won't be able to play with him, and will be further down the depth chart with less of a chance to make an immediate impact on the roster.

18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

But in actual fact, they won't be able to play with him, and will be further down the depth chart with less of a chance to make an immediate impact on the roster.

I like our chances... even if he has to get AHL time its in his home state, so thats gotta factor in. But my gut is telling me we're the "great #2 choice" again. McJesus is a giant magnet right now. 

12 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I like our chances... even if he has to get AHL time its in his home state, so thats gotta factor in. But my gut is telling me we're the "great #2 choice" again. McJesus is a giant magnet right now. 

But he's also a giant placeholder that makes it hard for some of these young guys to break in to the league. I want to hate McJesus, but by all accounts, he's as humble and down to earth as a person can be.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

But he's also a giant placeholder that makes it hard for some of these young guys to break in to the league. I want to hate McJesus, but by all accounts, he's as humble and down to earth as a person can be.

yah, goddamn it, why can't he be more hate-able?! he certainly doesn't come off like a princess. 

Edmonton should be going after D and not more Fs... but thats not their way. 

Of those choices, I'd pick Pittsburgh. Potentially playing with Crosby or Malkin on a real contending team, seems like a no brainer to me. Edmonton has a lot of good young players right now, so it could be harder to crack their lineup at this point and it is doubtful that he plays with McDavid anyway. He has more of an opportunity to shine here, but his stats would be more padded with Crosby and Malkin to give him a nice paycheque after his first contract is done.

Would still love it if he signed here though as a Canucks fan.

35 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Of those choices, I'd pick Pittsburgh. Potentially playing with Crosby or Malkin on a real contending team, seems like a no brainer to me. 

Step onto a team and get a free cup and ring as a black ace.  Any plug could claim that if in the right place at the right time but I'd give him more credit than that.  

Look at what he said he wants -- development and opportunity.  Sounds like a character guy who wants to be the best he can be, not ride coattails.

Lol 1040 just had a terrible time talking about him. First thought his linemate was Forsbacka-Karlsson, then went further to list his BU teammates instead of North Eastern, figured out it was the wrong team, and started calling him Zach Anton-Reese. Had to chuckle on that.

Willie would be putting them on the bench for the 3rd hour

4 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Anyone knows who has the best legitimate shot to making the jump to NHL next season? Boeser or Aston-Reese or Gaudette?

It would be wonderful for the fans to see all three of those guys, and not be forced to watch Megna, .Skille, and any more close to 30 plugs.

Archived